JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game, I'm using purely parallax mapping and no tiles.

Therefore, my game has no terrain tags, only regions.

Is it possibly to modify the Galv Footsteps plugin to use regions instead of terrain tags?

Or, is there another footsteps plugin that works similarly and only plays the footstep sound effect on the first and fifth frames, like the galv one? The Yanfly plugin doesn't work for me.

Thank you!

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why not just make an invisible terrain, put the appropriate terrain tag on it, and paint the area you want to walk in with the invisible terrain?

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not just make an invisible terrain, put the appropriate terrain tag on it, and paint the area you want to walk in with the invisible terrain?
I didn't realize I could do that, to be honest! That's a great idea.

How do I put a terrain tag on terrain?

JRand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never mind, I found it! We'll see how it works! Thank you!

Edit: It worked!

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

JRand, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please use the 'Edit' button if you want to add something after you posted. I've merged your posts together.

Since the issue is solved, I'll go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tanoukun