cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, would anyone be interested in making a plugin command for GALV_LayerGraphics that can make it so that it behaves similar to a Show Picture command that would encompass the X and Y coordinate based on the screen. A PNG Graphics layer that would stick to the Screen and not the Map is what I want.

Sample below:
Existing Plugin Command: LAYER_S v31 1 insertPNGFilenamehere X Y 255 5 0 0 0 0 0
New Plugin Command: LAYER_SSR v31 1 insertPNGFilenamehere X Y 255 5 0 0 0 0 0

In the above specific line, I want it so that a new similar Plugin Command (say LAYER_SSR)would make it so that the number that you would replace X and Y with will make it so that the values will refer to the Screen Resolution thereby making the PNG Graphics refer and stick to the screen instead of the map.

After I am done with a scene, I would just turn the Plugin Command Off to revert those A and B values to the regular function (Values that correspond to the map coordinates again.)

Here is the relevant thread and my post where I start to ask for help.

EDIT: "As for Galv's layer plugin being reconfigured to use screen instead of map is possible, but it'd be a bit of work since you probably have to change what it anchors to. Currently that's the map, so you'd have to actually create a new galv layer command that ties the pictures to the Spriteset_Base at the first priority (thus being rendered first and underneath all other things). "

courtesy of: Anyone

Last edited:

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that already available? You just need to use LAYER, not LAYER_S

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that already available? You just need to use LAYER, not LAYER_S
Yes, but unfortunately that feature makes it so that below X and Y values inputted refers to the Map Coordinates, what I want is for those values to "temporarily" refer to Screen Coordinates. (via plugin command) That way the PNG Graphic "sticks" to the screen and not to the map. Similar to how Show Picture Command works but instead done by Galv's Layer Graphics. Which someone also pointed out to me.

LAYER_S MAPID ID GRAPHIC X Y OPACITY Z BLEND XANCHOR YANCHOR CHAR ROTATE

EDIT: Disregard what I said above, the problem with "LAYER" is that it tiles or loops so it's not possible with it. It's got to be LAYER_S. will attach a screenshot.

EDIT: Screenshots attached, this is what happened when using:
LAYER v31 1 Mao_syokuin 0 0 255 5 0 0 0
LAYER v31 2 Texture_Background_01 0 0 255 5 0 0 0

It's not very noticable but if you look closely as Galv explained in an update, it does have seam where the PNG Graphic tiles (repeats) to the map. Not to mention it completely obscured the other PNG Graphic which does not happen when using Static Layer.

Attachments

Last edited:

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
FYI This plugin no longer works in browser distributions, as I found out recently.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI This plugin no longer works in browser distributions, as I found out recently.
Hi thank you for the info, Would I still be ok if I deploy only to Win and Mac? (They're my main platforms.)
I use this plugin in a lot of our maps.
Also, I've never Deployed our project to web browsers before.

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Win / Mac are not effected.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.
Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
productscrack