GALV_Character_Animations + YEP_Event_Spawner incompatible. Can anyone assist fixing it?

Zellith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Firstly, sorry to mods and the community if this isnt appropriate for this section of the board. If thats the case I deeply appologise... anyhow..

YEP_Core_Engine - ON
GAVs_Character_Frames - ON
GALVs_Character_Animations - OFF
YEP_Event_Spawner - ON

Placed event NPC which hooks into my YEP events maps with the script call. Click event NPC and the event hooks into map and puts the event on the ground like one would expect. Clicking the event gives the expected "yes/no" I put into that event. So it works fine. I can cancel out of the spawned event and then click it again to open the "yes/no" options menu I put into the test event.

YEP_Core_Engine - ON
GAVs_Character_Frames - ON
GALVs_Character_Animations - ON
YEP_Event_Spawner - ON

NPC from previous test is evident. Click NPC and he flashes once (to the 2nd page of the event?) and nothing else happens.

Now I understand that there is a GALV_Event_Spawner, however that doesnt appear to work with the Qplugins that Im using (so thats a whole different can of worms you can look into if you wish)

I know more or less nothing about javascript and just add and remove bits of code and see what happens. Occasionally I dont see the code anymore.. I see blonde.. brunette.. red head.. *ahem*

Is there anyone out there who can help me figure out why they work together? I tried looking into replacements for GALV_Character_Animations (I was using Altimitmovement/animations before I moved to Qmovement) but I think Im running out of options or simply am ignorant of whats out there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it.

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're already using QMovement, why not just use QSprite instead of Galv's Character Animatons?

Zellith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're already using QMovement, why not just use QSprite instead of Galv's Character Animatons?
I admit I was completely ignorant that Qsprite was a thing. Ill look into it immediately. Thank you kindly.

Does this Qsprite support walking animations or is it just regular running?

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default it supports multiple idles, walking, and running. Though it works a lot like MV's animation system, so you can pretty much setup poses for whatever. For instance I'm using it on the map for casting spells, characters getting hit, falling over unconscious, one character even juggles as a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone