Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recently decided to switch back to Galv's Event Detectors plugin after an unsatisfactory experience w/ Yanfly's Event Chase plugin. There's a specific enemy behavior I'm trying to implement, but haven't been able to, despite getting very close. So, I have visible monsters on the map and I want them to a few things.
  1. Wander around randomly when not detecting the player.
  2. Chase the player upon detection. (chases for X tiles, and accounts for LoS)
  3. Return to the original location and continue wandering randomly after "losing" the player.
The problem is that I can't get the monsters to BOTH wander randomly and return to their original location at the same time. For example, "return,search,6,1,3,5,1" will make it so the monster will chase the player upon detection, but then return to its original location after losing sight of the player. On the other hand, "rand,search,6,1,3,5,1" will make it so the monster will chase the player upon detection, but then wander around randomly after losing sight of the player. What I want it to do is chase the player upon detection, but then return to its original location then wander around randomly starting from that location. Is this possible? I've also tried using the following in a custom move route, but it didn't seem to work. The (0) refers to return and (1) refers to rand. "14" is simply the event ID and "6" is the distance. Lastly, "true" enables LoS.
Galv.DETECT.event(14,6,true) ? this.detector(0) : this.detector(1);

In short, I want to combine the rand & return behaviors.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.
I blame my lilest bro for the duck suit. Sketched it and realized it had to be added to a mock fashion magazine cover. The titles are actually inside jokes about the place this NPC is from.
EvKECQJVEAw3Qux
Kes
After a few hectic months, my hiatus is over, and I'm now back. Good to see so many familiar names posting. And a forum update while I was away.
V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikaylabanks