Galv'es Visual Novel Choices Small Fix

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I've been using Galv'es Visual Novel Choices Script (download the demo to get the graphics), and in general it works great. However, I have noticed that when a text box does not precede a choice, the choices will end up appearing at the bottom of the screen, where the text box would normally be (see the screenshot for an example). Is there a way to fix it so the choices appear in the middle of the screen even if there isn't a text box beforehand? It's not game-breaking, but it does break immersion.

As usual, all my requests are related to my free-to-play Broken Reality RPG (https://lord-rutsah.itch.io/broken-reality), and the names of the people helping will be included in the game's credits.

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Play around with line 132.
This is probably good
Code:
        self.y = Graphics.height / 5 * 4 - contents_height + item_height / 2

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ronin, as always, you "get me". Thanks, that fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hapotot