First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Auto Common Events MZ
RPG Maker MZ Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Just a simple plugin to allow more functionality during the game after certain processes.

Features
This plugin allows you to automatically run common events at certain parts of the game process. These are currently:
– after player loads a saved file
– after player saves their game
– when the player transfers to a map
– every time the map scene opens (eg. after returning from the menu or other scene to the map)
– every time the battle scene starts
– entering a vehicle
– exiting a vehicle
– when a game over occurs

Note: These common events run after any currently active event has finished processing it's commands.

Plugin commands let you specify the common event id's for each. Script calls allow for changing them during game.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_AutoCommonEventsMZ.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MZ project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
:)

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated (version 1.1) to include entering/exiting vehicles. I thought that might be useful functionality.

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Did this plugin allow to start a common even when a new game is started?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can run a common event from an autorun event on the starting map.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Did this plugin allow to start a common even when a new game is started?
i think we don't need that feature in this plugin since we can just add autorun event on the first map.

edit: ouch ninja'd by Galv :D :D
nice plugin btw :D.

btw i think you need to add before GameOver common event

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
i think we don't need that feature in this plugin since we can just add autorun event on the first map.

edit: ouch ninja'd by Galv :D :D
nice plugin btw :D.

btw i think you need to add before GameOver common event
Of course we can do that. But's I just find that ugly this way. I like the code to be really easy to read.
For me a common even with autostart on a map is less pretty then a common event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune