First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Basic Event Shadows - Version 1.2
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Just a basic one - no plans on making it any more advanced.

Screenshot

Features

Displays shadows under events and the player on the map.
Options to turn on/off and specify which events have shadows.

How To Use

- Copy the "GALV_BasicEventShadows.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv
- Flanxei for request

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". 

Updates

2016-08-16 - Version 1.2 - fixed a bug with vehicles

2016-07-18 - Version 1.1 - fixed a bug that crashed when trasnferring map after disabled event shadows

2016-04-07 - Version 1.0 - release 

Last edited by a moderator:

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Options to turn on/off and specify which events have shadows.

Yey...

The option features is great 

Sankyu

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Woah nice!

Was looking for exactly such simple Plugin!

Bad thing: First it didn't work for me. I've tried it on a "clean" test game then, worked. So back to my main game... Went through all of the installed plugins (which were many u.u) and finally found it.. Kino's EISTeleportationSystem.

Once turned ON, no shadows appear anymore.

Any way which could fix that?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had a quick look at that other plugin and saw it has graphic bugs while using it on it's own in a new project. Sorry, I am not going to make this plugin compatible with that one.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Thank you for taking the look. 

For now I just keep it deactivated. 

Maybe Kino wants to take a look over his plugin again.

edit: he fixed the issue

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv
Great utility plugin, thanks for making it!

I do feel that it could be even better though! Hence, I'm asking very nicely that you consider adding the following features;

1) A "note tag" (and I guess a "script call" for player?) to specify the name of another picture from the /img/system folder to be used as a shadow. This feature would simply override the general settings in the plugin parameters. Could be useful for sprites and graphics which have smaller or larger size than the average one tile and thus would look better with a smaller or larger shadow.

2) A "note tag" and a "script call" for changing the "Shadow Offset" for the player or events. Not forcing everyone and everything to have the same kind of shadow could be really useful. The note tag could, for example, be used if I wanted to make an object or a NPC levitate above the ground, or maybe fly?
With the script call it would also be possible to change the shadow for the player or a specified event that previously appeared to be on the ground as to suddenly make them levitate or fly. I see lots of possibilities here! :D

Also while not really necessary it would be cool if the above mentioned feature to change the shadow offset were to have an option (true/false) for a "smooth transition".
What I mean with this is that it would be aesthetically pleasing to be able to choose if you wanted the shadow to just appear at the new offset location instantaneous or see it moving towards it. Maybe take a look at what happens when you board the air balloon vehicle for some inspiration?
If this is too much of a hassle however I would be just as happy with the ability to just simply change the shadow offset instantaneous through note tags and script calls as I first mentioned.

...And thanks for reading to the end! ;)

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That would all be awesome but unfortunately this one is just a basic shadow plugin. One day in the future I have ideas for a more advanced one that I will incorporate your ideas in, though :)

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv

Aww... ;_;

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for your "Advanced Event Shadows" plugin then. I'm glad that you'll consider these features when making your next shadow plugin, looking forward to it! Btw, Is it that you are waiting for pixi v3 before making it?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nah but am looking forward to it. My to-do list is just overwhelming right now is the reason

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get "Cannot read property of 'destroyBshadow' of undefined" error.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When does the error occur? When changing scene?

Have you checked for plugin conflict?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When does the error occur? When changing scene?

Have you checked for plugin conflict?

Yes, when changing scene. To be precise, this is after a scene where I do Galv.BES.eShadows(false); call and then transfer to another map.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the info, I was able to reproduce the bug and fixed in version 1.1.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the shadow generated in the code, or did it use a common resource file? In case I wanted to replace the standard shadow to match a different art style for a game.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It uses an image from /img/system/ folder, specified in the plugin settings.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect! This will be incredibly handy, then. Shadows do a lot for visibility when you aren't using prominent outlines.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great plugin, but unfortunately it has a problem. I place an autorun event, inside the autorun event I place a switch that turns on, the switch activates another event (using Event Conditions), which has the shadow notetag. When the event appears, it doesn't show the shadow.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I cannot replicate this issue. Does the new event page you are using have the <shadow> comment?

If you are sure you have the <shadow> comment on the active page, can you replicate the issue in the plugin demo?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I cannot replicate this issue. Does the new event page you are using have the <shadow> comment?

If you are sure you have the <shadow> comment on the active page, can you replicate the issue in the plugin demo?
Thank you for your reply, Galv! It actually worked after I removed the <shadow> from the event notes, but left it as a comment. It seems for some reason it won't work when they're both there. Appreciate the help :)

Berkay

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude! you are a legend! this plug solved all my "oh my god why everyone looks like flying" problem :D thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth