The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm using Galv's Bust Menu!

I'd like to remove the TP information and add some parameters instead (STR, DEF, and AGI only). These would probably all have to move up in order to actually display well.

Here's what my menu looks like SO FAR:

2020-07-28 23_28_37-Silver Monster.png

Thanks for any help!

kin0min

Kin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To move the HP and MP Bars up (or heck even down, the world's your oyster) you can edit the parameter in Galv's plugin, the one called "Bars" (by default it's "14" irc).

I assume you're using "YEP_CoreEngine", if you disable the parameter "Menu TP Bar", under the "---Windows---" section, by setting it to "false" the TP bar won't show up in your menu.

This should be what you're lookin' for...HOWEVER Due to Galv's Terms of Use you'll have to add my edits manually.

- Open "GALV_BustMenu.js" in notepad++ (or anything that supports editing .js) and follow along:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) --------------------------------------------------------------------
JavaScript:
* @param ----------- CUSTOM -----------
* @desc
* @param Stat Bars Offset
* @desc Amount of bars that stats text is pushed up or down relative to the "Bars" setting.
* @default 1
* @param Smoothing
* @desc Allows you to disable smoothing, for pixel perfect busts.
* @default false
2) --------------------------------------------------------------------
JavaScript:
// added by kin0min --------------- vvvvv
Galv.BM.h = Number(PluginManager.parameters('Galv_BustMenu')["Stat Bars Offset"]);
Galv.BM.smoothed = PluginManager.parameters('Galv_BustMenu')["Smoothing"] == "true" ? true : false;
// added by kin0min --------------- ^^^^^^
3) --------------------------------------------------------------------
JavaScript:
        // Draws the parameters for each party members Strength, Defense, and Agility, added by kin0min ---------------------
        this.drawText("STR " + actor.param(2), x, y + lineHeight * (Galv.BM.bars + 2 + Galv.BM.h), width2);
        this.drawText("DEF " + actor.param(3), x, y + lineHeight * (Galv.BM.bars + 3 + Galv.BM.h), width2);
        this.drawText("AGI " + actor.param(6), x, y + lineHeight * (Galv.BM.bars + 4 + Galv.BM.h), width2);
        // Draws the parameters for each party members Strength, Defense, and Agility, added by kin0min ---------------------
4) --------------------------------------------------------------------
JavaScript:
 this._context.imageSmoothingEnabled = Galv.BM.smoothed; // Draws portraits without blurring, Added by kin0min --------
PHEW! done.
that last line adds an extra parameter to disable blurry portraits, that way your portraits are nice and sharp in the menu.

and this:

Last edited:

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm certain I messed up somewhere, because I got a bunch of errors:

2020-07-30 02_46_25-Silver Monster.png

kin0min

Kin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll see about editing my original post with some screenshots of where the new code should go, 400+ lines of code in the plugin so accidents are definitely expected.
EDIT: done, hopefully that helps anyone else who happens upon this post.

Last edited:

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I bump this in order to request a related edit? I'd like to show the equipment underneath the parameters I've requested, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.
If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsun