Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What do you mean you made a change that allows the bust menu to show 4 characters? That's a setting in this bust menu plugin, you shouldn't have to be careful with that.

The 'right' string in that line of code displays the text right aligned.

Also, which plugin are you using? I've made this menu display JP from Yanfly's Job Points plugin:

http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/13/yep-27-job-points/

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I could do some edits on your script, these edits were kinda simple, but is still incomplete :(

Fixed:

• Bust width display has been corrected. Before the bust width was larger than other elements (bars, etc)

Additional features I could made:

• Actors Rows: Now you can define the amount of rows before scrolling.
  • Line Height: Custom line height for the actor elements on Menu Status.
  • Font Size: Font size used for display Actor Name, Class, etc.
  • Command Width: Adjusts the width of the Command Window.

Missing features (incomplete, I don't know how to make these):

• Gauge Height: Custom gauge height for bars on Menu Status.
  • Gauge Text Size: Custom text size for bar parameters on Menu Status.
  • Gauge Text Y Buffer: Increases the Y of text on the bars.

Additional feature suggestion for version 1.5:

• Center the actors on the Menu Status, being optional to center also the rows when there are less than the max rows.
  • Display min. and max. parameters on the bars.

Can you try make the incomplete things please? With these features you can update your script version to 1.5.

PS: You don't really need to add my name on the credits due these small edits :x

PS2: Ah.. I don't remember now if you allow the edits of your scripts.

Demo Screenshot (Incomplete, click to enlarge):

bustdemo.jpg

Script (Attached on post):

GALV_BustMenu(Edit by Killuki Zaoldyeck).zip

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't make the plugin please every single person's desire - there would be an overwhelming number of settings and that's not what I want to do with this. Because of that, I am happy if you edit my plugins for your own use, but I'd rather you didn't post them up as a new plugin for people, especially when you have not changed any the notes at the top with edit versions and dates (This could confuse people who have your code, thinking I did, etc).

- Bust width was larger than other elements because the other elements have padding. That one was intentional.

- I have on my to-do list to add the actor rows setting as you suggested, I like the idea - but I will code that when I have time.

- I won't be changing the gauges as other plugins modify those and I want to keep compatibility.

This one plugin doesn't have to do everything. For example, if someone wants more menu commands, different gold window, different gauges - they can be done in a different plugin.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I haven't added notes because I didn't really wanted to share it for everyone, maybe I should have sent that to you by PM instead, sorry about that.

About the gauge sizes, I was requesting this only for change the gauges on Menu Status, as there was already a parameter for change the gauge of exp bars I think that providing also an option for change the size of all gauges only on your menu status will be extremely useful, mainly because depending on the line height, gauge height, and resolution of the people, the gauges becomes too separated between them, wasting free space for display two rows, and this was the reason of why I haven't waited for do all these edits, before my changes was really a nightmare to decide a global font size and line height on the game due that reason, this suggestion is more for give more control on the space rather than because I like its display, anyways, if there are other scripts that changes the bar displays, for example YEP JP(? I don't used it), the people would request a fix for these, and you would decide if provide that "if" that detects if X plugin is being used for fix their issue or just guide them in how to fix their issue telling which lines they must change.

By changing the Line Height and Font Size for your Menu Status, I could fit perfectly two actor rows, however the bars are overlapping because these are using the default gauge height defined on YEP Core Engine, if you provide the option to change the gauge size for Only your menu status plus the parameter font size, not only me but everyone would have more control over the display of their menus using this awesome plugin, and not only me is planning making a game with 1080p resolution, that's the reason of my request not only because I will use a big resolution, and this was the reason why I shared my edit with you, because there are features already done with these edits. This suggestion is intended for improve only Your Menu Status, not general things, and other plugins can't be used for control only your Menu Status, for example YEP Core changes the gauge height of all windows, affecting to your gauges too mainly because your plugin doesn't have already an option to change the height only on your Menu Status (or any Menu Status).

Huh, sorry if I seemed a bit rude or too demanding at some point  :rsad:

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Galv,

I love the plugin it works great on my pc builds however I am experiencing an issue regarding the busts on slower mobile devices or tablets. I get errors saying that the image is not found even though it is in the correct location. It seems that due to the seek time to grab files on slow mobile devices the timeout hits before the busts can load. I have tried using TDDP's preloading plugin to remedy the situation but it does not seem to work. Do you have any suggestions to remedy this issue?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make sure you are using the correct capitalization for face name and bust name

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make sure you are using the correct capitalization for face name and bust name
I'll double check when I get home from work. Was just curious if anyone else could replicate. The pc build had no issues just the tablet.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, I have had reports of the same error and it seems that some devices require the correct capitalization where as PC and others do not

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I have had reports of the same error and it seems that some devices require the correct capitalization where as PC and others do not
interesting, thank you for the quick replies by the way it is much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Galv,

Sorry to bug you with another question. Is there a way to change the error handling from crashing the game when an image is not detected to just using the character picture as normal? I am using busts for main characters and side characters will use just the regular method. 

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's a good idea and something I need to look into. Not sure when I can get to this but will do it when I can

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Galv

Nice Plugin :)

Is there a way to use the drawGauge function for the XP-Bar because in my case the Bar looks like normal, but i modified the function to get better Gauges

Your Plugin is above the PrettyGauges-Plugin, tested it the other way same "fault"

-Khayalan

Gauges.PNG

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could modify the function for that xp bar, too :)

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Love this script Galv :)

I'm having the same issue as Khayalan, in which the gauge isn't being drawn like the others when using Prettier Gauges Plugin. Shall we just edit the plugin ourselves?

Also, another issue with the EXP bar is that when the character is at max level (say 99), the exp bar continues to fill as if trying to level up again. When it fills, it just begins reading negative values. (-20 etc)

Is it possible to link this bars values and fill to that of the status menu exp bar. The bar in the status menu is correct and reads the right values as well as shows a full bar when at max level. I am using YEP_Status Menu Core as well as a script for custom exp requirements for leveling.

Keep up the awesome work though :)

Regards,

Moe

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the bug report. I'm not sure what you mean by linking this bars values and fill to that of the status menu exp bat - but I will fix it when I get the chance.

Perhaps one of you guys can link me the prettier gauges plugin you mentioned and I'll try to make it compatible when I have the chance. The reason it's not currently is because I had to rewrite the bar code to draw the bar differently.

Vayl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to say thank you, no request, just good job Galv

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Galv,

Appears to be a default system issue, as RMMV doesn't seem to be internally capping the exp at level 99.

By default, RMMV will replace the current and next EXP values in the status menu with ----- when at max level (but still keeps track of exp).

I think you may need to do something similar with your exp bar, as it still carries on working out the exp for level 100.

Perhaps if when at the maximum possible level, it replaces the exp value in the main menu with ----- and the bar itself remains full. (like the status menu)

Sorry about that, but keep up the awesome work :)

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks Moe - yes, that was my plan. I know it's an easy fix I will get to updating it when I have time... patience :p

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to 1.5 with Max Level exp bar fix and compatibility with Rocketmancers prettier gauges plugin.

Remember when updating, make sure to go into your plugin manager, open this bust menu plugin, click okay and save.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FinnEver