beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Galv,

Great job on this thanks!

A do have a small request though, would you be able to change the plugin parameter for the amount of characters in the menu to show at any one time to accept a $gameVariables.value(n) format??? (unless it does already).  My game jumps about between a couple of different parties and being able to dynamically change the menu busts showing would be great :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've added this to my giant to-do list. It's a good idea and I'll do it when I can :)

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you Galv, I played with your plugin a bit, and I have these suggestions, of course you will do it how you want, what I will say now is just an example that you decide if follow it or do them as a new complement, but for understand better what I'm suggesting (also is how I see it in my head) I will tell the examples as an improvement of the current plugin:

After did several tests of your plugin, and keeping in mind some battle systems that will use even more than 6 actors in the battle, your plugin is really brilliant for display the actor busts even with a total of maybe 18 active members. So here are my suggestions for make this plugin really, really amazing (huh, maybe this will need a rewrite of the code :x ):

Considering that is very possible to fit up to four or even five rows of actors if the game resolution is 1920x1080 or bigger, you can do that the first row is displayed in a certain size, and the next rows are displayed in another size, for example...

On Bust Height, we can use comas to define the height of each row, for example (pure example, got tired of test several sizes x_x): 1000,800|800,440,260|800,440,260

1000,800 is used on the first row, that means that when there is only one row, it will be displayed completely, when there is more than one row, its maximum min. size is 800 and the next rows will be displayed below the first row. 800,440,260 defines the sizes of the second row, being 260 the max minimum size when there are three rows being displayed (which can be a total of 12 members, being 4 members displayed in each row), and | separates the min and max size for each row.

We do the same for the rest of parameters (Name, Class, etc), but instead of pixels, is an amount of lines, so if we don't want to display certain elements like exp bars on the other rows, we write 0 or -1 for hide that element.

Also, another parameter controls which rows will be centered, the parameter can be called for example "Row Alignment", if we write "2,1,3", that means that the first row will be centered, the second row will be aligned to left, and the third row will be aligned to right.

Also, two more parameters, controlled as the ones of above with , and |, that let us control the line height and font size for the elements of each row, so we can adapt much better the display of the rows. For the font size, I guess that will require to be individual for each element, for example Name Size, Class Size, etc, because there are some people that might like display the Name and Level in full size but the HP, MP, SP and EXP in half size for the next rows hiding also the state icons for give more space (assuming that you didn't provided an option for resize also state icons :rswt:   ).

Lastly, will be good if there is a built-in (or an extra complement so if we use another plugin that changes the display of the menu, we can disable this) parameter to define the size of the command and gold window, however, if you link to Yanfly's Main Menu Manager's article for download his plugin, you won't need to add this feature, personally I think that there is no need to do that, maybe even Yanfly let you to add his plugin inside your zip for the people that wants change the size of the command (and add many more features for control the display of the menu).

Examples with Paint:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Huh, seems that I ended suggesting too much things :dizzy:  .....................................

......................sorry :(

PS: Maybe will be good divide the Busts Offset of now to Busts Offset X and Busts Offset Y, so we can control the offsets of each row more easily.

And again, what I said was just examples, do it how you want! Upgrade the current plugin or do new complements! :D

PS2: If you read "arrow" somewhere, I meant "row", I don't know why I wrote "arrow" several times.... lol

Has anyone managed to do this yet? I think it would be amazing to have the option to have a grid of characters like this post. I would like a 4x2 grid personally. I've been playing around with the script, but I'm no master of Javascript and editing random bits of code is the height of my editing skills lol. 

EDIT [SOLVED]: So it was actually really simple.

1. Open Galv_BustMenu.js in Notepade (or java editor)

2. Search for this line "Window_MenuStatus.prototype.numVisibleRows = function() {return 1};"

3. Change the number in {return 1} to the number of rows you want. ( In my case I changed it to {return 2}; ) 

4. Depending on your screen size, you may need to resize the images and move your bars around.

5. Thank Galv for the awesome script - Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to 1.6 - Added script call to change how many actors appear in the row during game, added 'nickname' and also a setting to choose number of rows of actors.

Make sure to go into the plugin in the plugin manager, click okay and save after updating

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I totally love this script Galv, thanks so much for taking the time to put it together.

My only suggestion is to include an option to turn certain fields off. I'm my game I don't really want/need classes to show, as it stands I have to physically edit the JS file and comment out the line to get rid of it. But it would be nice to add in something like "-1 to disable" or just leave the field blank to remove it, within the plugin parameters.

Just a suggestion though.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's a good idea, I'll add to my to-do list

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to v.1.7 - I've added the option to use -1 in positioning fields to disable them from showing at all.

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated to v.1.7 - I've added the option to use -1 in positioning fields to disable them from showing at all.

how can i set this to show 6 actors on 1 screen?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the plugin settings, change "Menu Actors" to 6.

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the plugin settings, change "Menu Actors" to 6.
ah umm i mis phrased that. what meant was how to i make it where its not all squished up

screen2.png

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would recommend increasing the size of your game screen to create more width to fit that many characters.

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Galv,

First, thank you for this awesome plugin. Hopefully my request is simple. I was wondering if there was a way to get the bust image to display all the way to the edges (top and bottom) of the screen. Right now there are a few pixels on each end. Is this a parameter I missed or is there some part the the code I could edit to make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in Advance.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Galv,

First, thank you for this awesome plugin. Hopefully my request is simple. I was wondering if there was a way to get the bust image to display all the way to the edges (top and bottom) of the screen. Right now there are a few pixels on each end. Is this a parameter I missed or is there some part the the code I could edit to make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in Advance.

Unfortunately I don't have time for requests, but from memory you can add to the plugin file at the bottom:

Window_MenuStatus.prototype.standardPadding = function() {return 0};

Window_MenuStatus.prototype.standardPadding = function() {return 0};

change the number 0 to change the padding around the window edges.

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
If you ever someday consider taking requests....xD

Would you consider adding Location window? 

(Next to the Gold Window, resizing the Status window up a bit, so the Location window is just wide enough to accommodate longer map names) 

Kenshin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi Galv, first of all thanks for your fantastic plugin (I love it), then I would like to ask for a little alteration ^^;;

I was thinking if it's possible, to change the gold space in a sort of status bar where insert a variable (where write down the name of the chapter maybe) and the ammount of time of the game the player has played.

Something like this:

bust-menu_zpsrjr7nffe.jpg

Thank you for your time ^^

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, I don't have time to do personal alterations. But feel free to ask in the forums for someone else to make the change for you

Kenshin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your rapid reply ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:
I don't really have a use for this guy, I just wanted to build a plague doctor.

Join us for a session of the new update starting at 3PM EST! There will be a Steam code giveaway! Click here!
Aerosys wrote on ASUG0's profile.
I'm glad you like my Avatar!

I made it with VX Ace like 7 years ago :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anansi