Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cam Control
RPG Maker MZ Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Some control over the game's camera.

Features
This plugin adds a sliding motion to the normal camera motion when the player moves and also allows you to change the camera focus to:
– Player
– Event
– X,Y coordinates
Camera will slide to each target it changes to at speed specified in plugin call.

Added: Zoom screen functionality.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_CamControlMZ.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Use Plugin commands to move camera targets
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MZ project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
:)

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv and many other plugin creators, thank you so much. Our games would never be amazing without your guy's plugins. I am grateful you stick by this community.

Leysos

Chaotic!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Incredible work, and it's good to see you returning for MZ. Camera control in particular is something I've been gunning for since MZ came out.

Couple questions: Are there any plans to add functionality for zooming in & out?

Also, would it be too much work to add an option to declare the camera speed in frames? (i.e. it would take X frames to get from where the camera is to where you focus it next). Asking because the speed value on its own feels a little arbitrary (unless it's based off something I missed). Some guess & check would be involved if I wanted to coordinate the camera movements with a move picture or wait command, for example

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My zoom plugin is on the list. Good point about the arbitrary speed - I may look into that one day but my focus with the little time I have currently is to get some of my mostly used plugins tested and working in MZ.

Leysos

Chaotic!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Completely understandable. Best of luck with the other ports!

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Galv! As usual ...a very nice job. Thanks for all your contribution, RPG Maker would no be so cool if coders like you were not sharing with us these incredibles features ;)
:kaoluv:

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much, your plugin was sooo useful in MV, and I was looking forward to a port!

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I immediately put this one in my project! It works excellant.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Slowly but surley ... all is coming back together. ^^

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is Beautiful!
I love how it can control the smooth scroll speed, it makes a comfortable move.
will certainly use this in my projects!

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work Galv!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks! But not so nice work is there was a bug that caused map to not load when loading game haha.
I've updated it now to v.1.4 which fixes that bug.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Nice work galv... this will be useful for cutscenes etc.

some suggestion to improve this plugin.
if you can please add 'camera dragging' control addon... sorta like in mobile games...
we press on an empty map position, then drag the map with our cursor to left to make the map scroll to the right... (so it feel like we drag the map). maybe also require a switch to be turn on as condition. so people can disable it in cutscenes etc.

since we assume some people made game with mobile market (although deploying to APK or IPA is not easy)... this kind of camera control will be super awesome to have in mobile environment...

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to +1 Leysos' suggestion.

Also going to request another feature: Waiting for Camera, where event processing is stopped until Camera is finished moving/zooming.

This feature allows for a lot of control during cutscenes. For example, showing a message as the camera is panning, but making sure dialogue doesn't proceed past a certain point until the camera reaches its destination.

I know you already have a lot on your plate, but seeing how there are so limited options for Camera plugins, I figured that feature would make this plugin the most robust.

Thanks!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's a good idea - I'll put it on my wish list to try later.

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
Thank you for the great plugin!

I have one question.

Is it a specification that the focus speed change does not work when focusing the player?

Thank you!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The focus speed should work when focusing the player - does it not?

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The focus speed should work when focusing the player - does it not?
In my environment, it's not possible to change the speed when focusing on the player.
Whether I set the focus speed to 0 or 10,000, there is no change.
It works when focusing on non-player events.

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Galv Do you think you'd add a feature to set the Camera Size in the future? I know that you can also achieve this by using zoom, but unlike zooming in to a specific value. We'd be able to get a better idea of what's included in the screen and what is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite