Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In my environment, it's not possible to change the speed when focusing on the player.
Whether I set the focus speed to 0 or 10,000, there is no change.
It works when focusing on non-player events.
It seems I must have broken that at some point - thanks for letting me know, I will fix it when I get some time.

@Galv Do you think you'd add a feature to set the Camera Size in the future? I know that you can also achieve this by using zoom, but unlike zooming in to a specific value. We'd be able to get a better idea of what's included in the screen and what is not.
Sorry, I don't have any plans to add anything like that.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.6 to fix the player target speed camera.

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.6 to fix the player target speed camera.
Quick fix! Thank you so much!
The focus speed to the player could be changed properly!
Kind regards,

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey mate. I've noticed that when I have the camera zoom in and a bust is shown in dialogue, the bust is magnified as well. Is there a way to make the busts not zoom in with the camera?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for letting me know... I'll add that to my wish list of things I'll do one day.

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you mate. Love your mapping and busy plugins. My game wouldn't be itself without it!

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Galv,

Thanks as always for the plugins man.

Quick bug report: If you use the focus command on a scroll loop map you get some strange behaviour. Depending on the speed and the character position I've seen the screen on continuous loop and a position in the middle of the loop. Tested on a 20 x 13 horizontal looping map with a 960 x 540 resolution. I tried playing with the move speed and I was able to get a couple different results but none of which are the map intention.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the report, I hadn't tested with looped maps. I've added that to my to do list to look into.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey mate. I've noticed that when I have the camera zoom in and a bust is shown in dialogue, the bust is magnified as well. Is there a way to make the busts not zoom in with the camera?
The default screen zoom functionality includes "Show Pictures" as part of the screen that zooms. I don't plan on changing how those pictures work with this plugin. My 'Message Busts' plugin, however, works as intended with the zoom functionality of this plugin.

Hey Galv,
Quick bug report: If you use the focus command on a scroll loop map you get some strange behaviour. Depending on the speed and the character position I've seen the screen on continuous loop and a position in the middle of the loop. Tested on a 20 x 13 horizontal looping map with a 960 x 540 resolution. I tried playing with the move speed and I was able to get a couple different results but none of which are the map intention.
I've tested the plugin on a looped map, and can replicate odd event issues when using a map that is smaller than or same size as the screen.
It seems to work fine with looped maps larger than the screen size, where it has an off-screen tile to do the "move event from one side of the map to the other" trick (as it doesn't make multiple events for the loop). I recommend if doing this, make the map larger than your screen size.

Also... an update.
Updated to version 1.7.
Now includes 'wait for camera' plugin command to wait for the camera to reach the target before moving to next event command. Obviously, use this responsibly - if you target the camera on a moving event and then 'wait for camera'... you might be waiting a while if the camera never quite reaches that event as it runs away.

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tested the plugin on a looped map, and can replicate odd event issues when using a map that is smaller than or same size as the screen.
It seems to work fine with looped maps larger than the screen size, where it has an off-screen tile to do the "move event from one side of the map to the other" trick (as it doesn't make multiple events for the loop). I recommend if doing this, make the map larger than your screen size.
Awesome work Galv. Doesn't quite help for the particular map I had I was working on as I was looping the map to avoid having to constantly move events across the screen, but I'll make it work.

I do think I'm using it wrong though because even though I only call the script on two maps and both map exits disable the effects. I find if I randomly play test on another map with no references to your script that I'll occasionally find the camera keeping the player in the upper right corner instead of centre. Will dig in to see if I can find the cause.

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is some incompatibility with the Visustella team plugins, the camera doesn’t focus properly on the hero.

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is some incompatibility with the Visustella team plugins, the camera doesn’t focus properly on the hero.

Try changing lines 244 and 245 in Galv's Cam Control to + half of your game's resolution. For example, my resolution is 1280x720, so I've changed the numbers on those lines to 640x360 like this:
this._camWidth = Graphics.width + 640;
this._camHeight = Graphics.height + 360;
EDIT: Also goes without saying, but make sure Galv's Cam Control is below all of your VS plugins too.
:thumbsup-left::rswt

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try changing lines 244 and 245 in Galv's Cam Control to + half of your game's resolution. For example, my resolution is 1280x720, so I've changed the numbers on those lines to 640x360 like this:

EDIT: Also goes without saying, but make sure Galv's Cam Control is below all of your VS plugins too.
:thumbsup-left::rswt

It worked correctly. Thank you very much! <3

• Love
Reactions: Caz

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
is there a option to focus the camera and stay on a specific event id.
When i try the plugin and focus on a specific event its focusing on it but the camera doesnt stay on the event id.

Something like "Follow event id"

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The camera should stay on the event you target. Do you have another event re-targeting the player? Or do you leave the map? Leaving the map will target the player automatically.

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
i think my command is wrong.
How can i focus on a event?

1609501641587.png

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If your event id is 60, try just using 60 instead of 060 - see if that works.
Also, make sure it is not in a repeating event (such as parallel process).

Download the demo, there is an example of targeting an event.

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
the focusing is working in first place (when the scene is starting).
But then no focusing in the "Center" the event walks further but its not followed in the center.

When the event walks out the screen its then not following.

EDIT:
@Galv
Was one of the other plugins. The SKIP TITLE Plugin caused this.
I dont know why but it is it.

So the question is all the SKIP TITLE Plugins i have causing this problem.
Why i the title screen needed to get this working?

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know why a skip title screen plugin does that. I'll have to look one day and add it to my crazy-long to-do list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

oh frisk i wont be able to jog for at least 2 weeks ;-; its like a nightmare
It was my birthday yesterday woooo /) ~ 3 ~)/)~~
Around 5am and can't sleep...It happens! Been a productive night at least!
Got my portraits working with a plugin, rather then "Show Picture" since that was too long of a process and I'm sure would have ended up with massive lag
To composers out there, what are atleast 4 instruments overall I need to have to make my music not feeling empty? I'm here stuck trying to make my own battle music but it kinda sounds... Not intense?
My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTwilight