Galv's Cam Control

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galv, Nov 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Cam Control - Version 2.0
    RPG Maker MV Plugin
    Galv

Introduction
    Another of my scripts converted from Ace to MV to allow more control over the game's camera focus.

Screenshot
    Didn't make one but I'm sure you'll be okay.

Features
    This plugin adds a sliding motion to the normal camera when the player moves and also allows you to change the camera focus to:
    – Player
    – Event
    – X,Y coordinates
    Camera will slide to each target it changes to at speed specified in plugin call.

How to Use
    - Copy the "GALV_CamControl.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
    - Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
    - Read the help file to view plugin commands. Examine the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
    Get it here

Credit and Thanks
    - Galv

- Anisoft

Terms
    Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates

2016-05-02 - Version 2.0 - incorporated Anisoft's zoom plugin compatibility and offset fix

2016-04-18 - Version 1.9 - fixed a seemingly random issue with saving while cam disabled

2016-03-16 - Version 1.8 - fixed a bug when using 'transfer player' to move on the same map it would force the camera to the player even if the cam had another target

2015-12-17 - Version 1.7 - potentially fixed shuttering issue

2015-12-17 - Version 1.5 - fixed an issue that enabled the disabled cam as well as minor bugs
    2015-11-30 - Version 1.2 - fixed bug with loading and target not staying
    2015-11-27 - Version 1.1 - Release

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  2. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    There's a time in map that i am noticing the camera is a bit shaky... around a pixel shaky... makes me dizzy staring at the character standing while shaking xD something to do with the positioning i guess... I'm using a 1093 x 614 resolution...

EDIT:
    I think i found the problem...

resolutions should be divisible by 48 (or your chosen tile size)

changed my resolution to 1104x614 it's weird tho it only happens if the width is not divisible by 48 because the height which is 614 is not divisible by 48 but works perfectly fine. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  3. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll see what I can do about making it work in resolution sizes not divisible by the tile size.

4. YEEART

YEEART Super Highschool Level... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Issue here happened with your demo and when I imported it onto my project: everything is completely black, but I can still access my menu. Does it have any compatibility issues or anything by chance?

*sigh* Nevermind. I just had to put the status on again for some odd reason, despite it being already on.....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
  5. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh thank you for this... It combines two other plugins that didn't like each other much and I was affraid I'd have to pick between them. ;)

Great job!

Logan C. likes this.
  6. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Galv, is there any reason you can think of that might cause the camera to become separated from the player when they load a game? I just had a player report that they loaded their game to find the camera was off center to where the player wasn't even on screen.

The only command used, so far, is CAM EVENT 84 and event 84 is far to the right of that screens location. CAM PLAYER is called shortly after that scene sets it to the event. So I can't think of what might be causing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    Galv likes this.
  7. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh wow, thanks for telling me!

Loading a saved game broke the cam target. I've updated to v.1.2, let me know if any issues. :)

Roguedeus likes this.
  8. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    Also there's a weird graphics glitch when using a parallax background with the map... it seems like the parallax is moving 1 pixel late than the entire map... any fix for this?

9. Logan C.

Logan C. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The bug still stays for me. I'm using 32px sized tiles, if that'll help.

10. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll check it out, thanks

Are you referring to the camera target being lost on load? Tile size shouldn't have anything to do with that, but please do some tests disabling the plugin to see if it still happens and try moving this plugin below others.

And make sure when you updated the plugin to go into plugin manage, edit the plugin, click okay and okay again, save it - to make sure the new changes take effect

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  11. Logan C.

Logan C. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I tried all of that - no luck. And i just checked your demo - "save-load" freezes the camera there too.

12. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Do you have version 1.2 of the demo?

13. Logan C.

Logan C. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes, i downloaded the new one, before testing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  14. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Aha, I only added the functionality for if a plugin command was called... silly me. Updated to v.1.3 hopefully fixing the issue for good now.

Thanks for letting me know

15. Logan C.

Logan C. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, it's working now, thank you.

16. Kaus

First Language:
    Taglish
    hey I fixed it, the 1 pixel late scroll if you have a parallax with ! in the filename. it perfectly scrolls with the other graphics now.

Code:
    Spriteset_Map.prototype.updateParallax = function() {    if (this._parallaxName !== $gameMap.parallaxName()) {        this._parallaxName = $gameMap.parallaxName();        this._parallax.bitmap = ImageManager.loadParallax(this._parallaxName);    }   if(this._parallaxName.charAt(0) == '!'){        this._parallax.origin.x = $gameMap.displayX() * $gameMap.tileWidth();        this._parallax.origin.y =  $gameMap.displayY() * $gameMap.tileHeight();   }   else if (this._parallax.bitmap) {        this._parallax.origin.x = $gameMap.parallaxOx();        this._parallax.origin.y =  $gameMap.parallaxOy();    }};

Galv likes this.
  17. LeoHeart

LeoHeart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Heya Galv!

This has been working beautifully for me but I have a problem.

I have a menu button that makes my characters talk, opening up a dialog box.

When I do this on a map after using the plugin command: CAM DISABLE, it re-enables the plugin's camera movement.

It also does it when using items from the item menu.

Basically going into the menu and using a command that opens up dialog boxes is (I think) causing the plugin to refresh and re-enable, despite Cam Disable being used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, you are my favorite plugin author by far.

Galv likes this.
  18. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for letting me know, I've updated to version 1.5 and believe I have fixed that issue. :)

19. Roguedeus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This reminds me of something I wanted to ask about...

This plugin works amazing, but every so often there is a moment where the camera goes from one direction to another and being to stutter extremely quickly, and very noticeably. It will often continue until I stop moving, and allow the camera to catch up to the player, wait a few seconds, and begin walking again. But rarely, even that doesn't stop it. The whole time I am getting 60FPS so it doesn't appear to be frame rate related.

It seems totally intermittent. I can make a video of it if you like. (I hope it will translate to a screen capture camera)

I am wondering if having a non-default resolution is the problem? (Since no one seems to have mentioned it yet) The resolution I am using is an odd 48 multiple. 1488x720 That way the centered camera doesn't cut the bordering tiles in half.

edit: I've updated to 1.5 and will report if the issue still occurs.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    Galv likes this.
  20. LeoHeart

LeoHeart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Galv, you are my programming god, thank you so much.

You fixed every issue I've had with your plugins within 12 hours of me posting them. I hope you realize how impressive that is.

McKathlin and Galv like this.