First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Character Animations - Version 1.7
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Another port to add ways to make your games more visually appealing.

Screenshot

Features
Show a different character animation for the party when the player is idle, walking, running or jumping. Also allows you to set a common event to run after a specified idle time has passed.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_CharacterAnimations.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Create charactersets for your characters - each character uses their own characterset.
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2017-10-28 - Version 1.7 - Fixed bug I made with follower dashing
2017-10-26 - Version 1.6 - Character Animations now work with events
2016-07-02 - Version 1.5 - Changed to reset animation frame to first when switching between idle, run, walk, jump
2016-07-01 - Version 1.4 - Fixed a bug when event running
2016-04-18 - Version 1.3 - Added option to change graphic when jumping as well
2015-11-16 - Version 1.2 - Fixed a bug when running into a "player touch" event
2015-11-03 - Version 1.0 - Release

Last edited:

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Naisu..(Nice)

For adv. Artist.. :3

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
YOU are to awesome for this world
Waited for this since release...mb even before?!

Thx a lot Galv

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Hey, Galv, is there a way to make this script compatible with MA's extra movement frames?  I'd kill to use both, but atm they're not playing nice. <__<;

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just had a quick look and couldn't get my 8 frame sprite to work properly in MA's script (I was obviously missing something). MA's plugin does more complex stuff and I don't want to try to integrate my simple plugin to work with it.

I do have plans to write my own (more simple) multi-frame plugin that will be compatible with this one, though. I need it for my own project :)

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
FINALLY! Thanks you Galv!

ProxZ

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just had a quick look and couldn't get my 8 frame sprite to work properly in MA's script (I was obviously missing something). MA's plugin does more complex stuff and I don't want to try to integrate my simple plugin to work with it.

I do have plans to write my own (more simple) multi-frame plugin that will be compatible with this one, though. I need it for my own project :)
I look forward to that update! Sequential looping  frames is preferred over the default looping style due to the ability to create anticipation and follow through. 1-2-3-1-2-3 instead of 1-2-3-2-1

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Well, hey, wicked cool!  I look forward to it~ <W<

Snuffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is great! If you get the multi-frame part added, this will be really widely used.  Nice work!

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

First of all thanks for this script its great! And second your own project eh? I look forward to seeing what that is for sure!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A few people requested this - the plugin has been updated to 1.3 - added ability to change graphic when jumping.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Character Animations - Version 1.3
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Hi, small bug when i use this script.
I can use the $ for make it 1 file .

The $ work with your other script , GALV_CharacterFrames, but this one we need to delete the $.

Tank you , love all your script.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's not a bug. You need to have a full characterset for this plugin to work as the animations use different 'characters' in that characterset.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's a shame it doesn't work for NPCS but your frames would work just as well I guess.

I am wondering though how I could make an event that idles as well as walks around besides the player.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Perhaps you could use custom move route to control graphic change when stopped or moving and random movement. Haven't tried to see how fluid that would be

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Galv! I've started using this plugin and it's very cool! Somehow, i have a little problem with it. When i run or walk to an event and i press the OK button before the walk/run animation stop, the animation is still going, like it's running on place. It happen almost all the time when you run to someone.  Do you think there is a possible fix?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Seems I made a bug from last update, surprised nobody saw it until now

Grab version 1.4 and let me know if any issues.

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Awesome!!! Thank you for the quick update :D!!! IT WORK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth