Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please provide a link to the plugin you're talking about, we can't help if we can't check what you're talking about

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 I don't think code modifications are necessary for odd sized sprites as I use this plugin with 128x128 sized sprites...unless the rectangular dimensions of yours versus the square dimensions of mine make a difference. To get the additional frames to work properly, though, you do need to include %(#) in the filenames of the sprites per Galv's help in the plugin (where # is the number of total frames for the idle, walk, run, jump, etc. in each facing you're using). You may have known that. It may not be your issue. Not sure. It is oft overlooked, so I just thought I'd mention it. Best! :smile:

Sincerely,

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know about the %(#) part. despite that, it didn't seem like it read them as a rectangular sprites? some parts were cut above the other when I move it around.

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 Have you tried padding the images with transparent space so each frame is 96x96? This could give you the result you want.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It doesn't matter what the frame size is or if the dimensions are even. All that matters is that each frame is consistent with one another and the appropriate number of frames are included in the sheet.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was having a problem with that too. I ended up moving up one section(left) up by 1 pixel and it seemed to fix it. Was kinda weird

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mathmaster74
That didn't turn out any better :kaocry:
The sprites slides to the next frame now. .

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 Do the sprites appear properly, just right of center? If that's the case, you padded left of the first image. Remove just that padding left of the first image and add padding to the right of the rightmost image instead to fill out the dimensions properly.

EDIT: Sorry. I keep saying image here when what I mean is sprite.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, They just slide to the next frame from left to right. I've made sure that the sprites are right at the center in each frame.

I think I should just modify the plugin to end this trouble--

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 Okay. I'm really thinking now that I may not have pictured this in my head properly. Try padding 24 pixels left of the first sprite, 48 pixels between sprites, and 24 pixels at the end, if you haven't already.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I did that. And that's the result I got. .

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no need to modify the plugin, you can already use any sized sprite. If you download the demo, you will see a file there that is not the default size.

If you have a $ in the filename, it means it will only slice the spritesheet into frames for 1 character.
Without the $ in the filename, it means you need to have 8 characters in the spritesheet. Each of those characters must have the same amount of frames as you specified.

So a spritesheet using $ (for 1 character) that you want to have 8 frames needs to be 8 x 4 frames of any size (as long as they are all the same)
A spritesheet without $ (8 characters) that you want to have 8 frames needs to be 32 x 8 frames (all of equal size).

I hope I got that math right. But that's all the plugin does - uses math to cut up the sheets.

EDIT: (Fixed... 4 rows for direction, not 3, Galv.)

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about for 96x96?
Sorry- I've changed the frame sizes midway.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The numbers I said above refer to the number of frames (of any pixel dimension). Any frame dimensions will work with the plugin.

So if you have, for example:
$spritesheet%(8).png

The spritesheet has the $ in it, so it's only 1 characters. It needs to be 8 columns of frames and 4 rows of frames.
Each frame can be any size... in your case 96 x 96.

For the width (columns) the spritesheet needs to be 768 pixels wide. (8 x 96).
For the height (rows) the spritesheet needs to be 384 pixels heigh. (4 x 96).

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait. . It doesn't have to be 8 frames, right? I am using 6 frames for each (diagnol, and idle). So this means the width should be 576 (if I got it right, that's the size of each movement I am doing)
I'm sorry for the trouble, and for not being too clear from the start!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, it doesn't have to be 8 frames. I was using that as an example to help try and communicate how it worked better.

Are you using my diagonal plugin?
If so, that changes things... you need the full charactersheet of 8 characters.

Have you read all the documentation and looked at the demo files?

EDIT: Here's a 96x96, 6 frame template you can use if you're using my diagonal plugin...

(Make sure to change the filename to %(6) as wordpress removed the characters from it)

Last edited:

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did.
Since it's getting late now, I have to go.
I'm sorry for all the trouble, and I'll keep you updated ASAP.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked!! @Galv your template was quite helpful! Thank you very much and I'm so sorry for all the trouble!!

Turned out my entire spritesheet height's size was incorrect:LZSlol::LZSlol: I used the RTP actors as base references to match the size I need, and I think I've resized them larger than needed :LZSlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dead_DJ