Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Character Frames & CF Step SE
RPG Maker MZ Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Additional frames for charactersets.

Features
Enables charactersets to use more than the standard 3 frames by adding text to the filenames. These frames will show in
1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6 order, instead of the standard 1-2-3-2-1 order.

An add-on plugin is available as well called CF Step SE. This works with Character Frames plugin to allow characters on the map to make stepping sound effects.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_CharacterFramesMZ.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MZ project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
:)

Last edited:

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Due seeing such awesome plugins as this one I wish to can hire a dedicated spriter for my project :(
Maybe in the future?

Thank you very much for share with us this awesome plugin!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Added my CF Step SE plugin - which works with this plugin to make stepping sound effects on certain frames.

The Stranger

No Longer Active
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great job, Galv! I love footsteps in games, it's just more immersive. :)

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think my game would have gone a step further without your plug-ins.
Thanks always for the great work you do!

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorry for bothering you but exactly what pixels should I be at? Using regular sprite sets just don't do it as it gets cut in halves each frame. Tried to find the demo to help me out but gets sent to your main page. Is there no actual demo for this that explains things a bit better?

Here are the things I've tried.

1. Widen the sprite sheet instead of 576 x 384, I tried 3456 x 384. Got three sprites each frame moving to nothing.

2. Using only the sprite which is 288 x 192. Gets chunks of the character but never the full thing. Meaning... only see the hair at the corner.

3. Expanding it by 200%. Got the same result as #1.

The one I am using is without the sound.

Edit: I ended up finding it. Sorry for bothering you once again. Was just confused about the sizes. Now I know. Lol. Somehow, when I clicked on the demo link, it sent me to the main page. But I overlooked the actual link, expecting it to be like how you set it up for the plugins. Yup. I'm the bone head. :D Take it easy and keep up the good work! Thank you, @Galv !

Last edited:

Dianaladyshy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry for bothering you but exactly what pixels should I be at? Using regular sprite sets just don't do it as it gets cut in halves each frame. Tried to find the demo to help me out but gets sent to your main page. Is there no actual demo for this that explains things a bit better?

Here are the things I've tried.

1. Widen the sprite sheet instead of 576 x 384, I tried 3456 x 384. Got three sprites each frame moving to nothing.

2. Using only the sprite which is 288 x 192. Gets chunks of the character but never the full thing. Meaning... only see the hair at the corner.

3. Expanding it by 200%. Got the same result as #1.

The one I am using is without the sound.

Edit: I ended up finding it. Sorry for bothering you once again. Was just confused about the sizes. Now I know. Lol. Somehow, when I clicked on the demo link, it sent me to the main page. But I overlooked the actual link, expecting it to be like how you set it up for the plugins. Yup. I'm the bone head. :D Take it easy and keep up the good work! Thank you, @Galv !
Excuse me.. i have the same problem.. whats the size of the sheets i should use?

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you have any idea if this is compatible with Visustella or Anima X? I'm looking to get diagnals, a 6 frame walk animation, and an idle animation up and running.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Don't know, sorry- you'd have to test them together.

Genoxy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ru
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you have any idea if this is compatible with Visustella or Anima X? I'm looking to get diagnals, a 6 frame walk animation, and an idle animation up and running.
I just tested it with Visustella's plugin. I didn't expect it but... it worked right away!
One thing you should do is disable "Dash Tilt" in Visustella's EventsMoveCore and put both suffixes in the file name.

That's how my test-graphic "!TestDummy_[VS8]_%(6).png" looks like:
(I haven't try 2nd half tho... >_>)

Galv, you did good job! Thanks!

Attachments

• !TestDummy_[VS8]_%(6).png
    !TestDummy_[VS8]_%(6).png
    140.9 KB · Views: 3

rayminator

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have been trying to get this to work but failing every time also I have included my image file for photoshop if someone can help me

331825_stephscene1-22-1-1.pngwhite-door-11533018356ewaxkmqcmx.png!$walkingtest&(8).png

Attachments

• walkingtest.rar
    978.3 KB · Views: 1

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have been trying to get this to work but failing every time also I have included my image file for photoshop if someone can help me

It's formatted wrong. Download his sample project and check his character set sample.

rayminator

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's formatted wrong. Download his sample project and check his character set sample.
well just going to stick with the basic tried to go farther but no one will show me how

bye bye

Template%(6).pngtest%(8).png

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
well just going to stick with the basic tried to go farther but no one will show me how

bye bye

View attachment 235135View attachment 235136

That is exactly how you do it tho? Get your frame's biggest w/h, do the math (width x # of frames, height x # of frames) and format similarly to that. RPG Maker is by default, 12x8. Galv's plugin doesn't take anything bigger more than 8 rows from what I can tell.

Genoxy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ru
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

View attachment 235126View attachment 235127View attachment 235128

Hm... Your filename listed 8 frames "%(8)" but I see only 4. Also since 2nd and 4th frames are same I don't understand why do you even need this plug in. It will play it exactly as vanilla engine. Last thing: on plugin setup screenshot the "frame speed modifier" is highlighted but the only thing it affects is the speed of the animation.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having a surprisingly easy time with the wait for Hogwarts Legacy, though I know other gamers are salivating hard.
:awat:What are you two down there doing?
This status is here just to take up space. And to make you read that.
Commenting just for the sake of commenting. :biggrin:
Just... two more to go...
dylan kickstaeter.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagneBP666