Galv's Event Spawner

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by JayIsrael, May 26, 2019.

1. JayIsrael

JayIsrael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Though this plugin would work for my needs, installed it, turned it on, did as instructed and created a new map for just spawned events. I placed an event on this map that I was hoping to spawn, put a script call on the map that I was hoping to spawn to, following what I thought were the instructions - and got an error message when I started the game.

I removed the script call, assuming I must have gotten something wrong with the code, but upon trying to start up the game again, I got the same error message - so simply having the plugin on, regardless if it is being used, seems to stop the game from working.

I moved the plugin higher on my plugins list, but that didn't seem to fix anything.

I shut off two different plugins that were referenced in the error message (one day someone should make error messages that are less vague and don't just spout out a bunch of random file names) - but that didn't seem to work either.

Here is the plugin's link https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/05/14/mv-event-spawner/

I attached an image of the error message.

Attached Files:

2. JayIsrael

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried the plugin on another game - and it didn't give me the error - however, it did seem to cause my character to freeze - which seems to be an entirely new problem.
    So now I am thinking I should use Yanfly's Event Spawner instead - though I am not certain that does what i need ( http://yanfly.moe/2018/09/14/yep-170-event-spawner-rpg-maker-mv/ ).

Shall see.

3. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can you please screenshot the event editing window and event commands where the script call you used appears?
    I had another report about freezing but need more info to work out why.

Also, if Yanfly's will work better, I'd definitely recommend using that one.

4. Jentaia

Jentaia Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I already stated at Galv's website, I found the "anti-feature" of RMMV that prevents autorun without freezing:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/autorun-events-or-why-cant-i-move.54123/

And as English isn't my native and I was not exactly able to follow the instructions of the thread above, I did my own:
    1. Put an empty page into the autorun event. Make it start by action button. It has to be PAGE 1
    2. Put everything you want the event should do into page 2. Set a switch as condition.
    3. Turn that switch to OFF at the end of your commands.
    4. Your char has to get to this map somehow. Set the switch to ON in the event that moves the char to the map with the autorun event.
    I also tried Yanfly's event spawner, of course. It was then when I remembered the alert() function in Javascript. And then I saw the endless loop that I never wanted (who wants such a thing besides the programmers of RMMV?).

5. JayIsrael

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I had turned the plugin off for a while, and given up on having enemies spawn (I wasn't able to get Yanfly's to repeat spawns), and upon seeing your post decided to turn it on and try to repeat the issue - only to find the issue was no longer happening.

Now, I just need to figure out how to control how many are spawned and how to stop the spawns, as the bad guys pour out now like a facet. I am sure I can figure out something with eventing to do that, as I think this plugin is working as intended now, and i am sure others have figured out how to control the flow of spawns.

I do want to say while I have your attention: Thank you so much for your many plugins. I have been developing a Star Trek fan game, and without your projectile plugin making it so the player can actually shoot a phaser at bad guys, I don't think the game would be possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Galv likes this.
  6. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have to agree with this

Galv likes this.
  7. Jentaia

Jentaia Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did it with Javascript.
    For Yanfly:
    Code:
    for (var i = 1; i <= 20; i++) {
       Yanfly.SpawnEventInRegion(5, 1, 1, true);
    }
    For Galv:
    Code:
    for (var i = 1; i <= 20; i++) {
       Galv.SPAWN.event(1,1,true);
    }

JayIsrael likes this.
  8. JayIsrael

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Neat!
    What does this script do, exactly? Make them spawn 1 at a time?

9. Jentaia

Jentaia Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is what I understood there:
    Code:
    Spawn event to x,y coords
    And that is exactly what it does in my for loop.