bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
For future reference if anyone runs into this problem.

If you use Yanfly self switch/var plugin and you have a spawn that you use in multiple maps. When you continually map transfer spawns will stop detecting the self switches consistently.

To remedy this go to line 118 of Galvs event spawner plugin and add your Yanfly self switches "SELF SWITCH 1". SELF SWITCH needs to be caps and 1 being the switch number the self switch is on, not what you named it.

ex:
Code:
Line 118: Galv.SPAWN.sSwitches = ["A","B","C","D","SELF SWITCH 1","SELF SWITCH 2","SELF SWITCH 3"];

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there Mr. Galv. Firstly id just like to say thank you for the great work on your amazing plugins. Theyre an immense help and make many peoples games fantastic.

I thought i would report a bug(if it even is one) Upon looking into the plugin it says that i would use
Galv.SPAWN.event(id,x,y,s); to spawn and then save the event on the map. the problem im having is that the "s" at the end for saving doesnt actually work. It may just be worded confusingly but when i use "true" instead of "s" it works properly.

Not a huge issue clearly but had me stumped for a few days at what was wrong. Maybe change the wording in the plugin or actually make it "s" for save. either way its not a big deal just thought id let you know. Thanks for listening and thanks for the great work.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very useful plugin! But for some reason I'm having an issue spawning events at plager location. I tried using this:
Code:
Galv.SPAWN.event($gameVariables.value(24),$gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y);
This doesn't seem to work. The event doesn't spawn.
Code:
Galv.SPAWN.event($gameVariables.value(24),9,24);
Seems to work fine though.
Am I the only one facing this problem? Can you please check and see if I'm dling something wrong?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did you change the Galv.SPAWN.overlap variable first?
By default it won't spawn on top of the player or other events until you change this.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the amazing plugin Galv!

@Hyouryuu-Na Try Galv.SPAWN.event($gameVariables.value(24),($gamePlayer.x),($gamePlayer.y));

This works for me, I assume it something to do with the plugin handles the gamePlayer object as with out the () it doesn't work for me either. Though I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to know why... yet. :LZSwink:

edit: I am most definitely mistaken.
Galv.SPAWN.overlap = 'all';
Galv.SPAWN.event($gameVariables.value(24),$gamePlayer.x,$gamePlayer.y);

Works perfectly... Hmm, don't get 3 hours of sleep folks and try to know stuff. Lesson learned. :rswt

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.
I got a error: Cannot read property "touchTriggers" of null.
What I have done:
I used your files from demo.
So Copy and paste Spawn Map: my Id map is 21, so on plugin is used this number.
Copy and paste Green event: Spawns a random event from the spawn map based on variable
I added a variable on my game: Random event ID. In my game this variable have id number: 81.
Added region with 116 on my map.
Galv.SPAWN.event($gameVariables.value(81),116);

Cannot read property "touchTriggers" of null.

I use some yep plugins, and orange plugins,event touch.
Suggest?

Solved.

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry to bring this up- i'm sure it's a simple fix but how do I make a non-spawned event occupy on top of a spawned event?

Currently I'm working on quest markers on a over world map utilizing this plugin- region tiles are representing areas that are currently occupied by the player by indicating a flashing white box spawned event. The quest marker is a normal event that is pin-pointing a current objective in said area but so far the two cannot coexist.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Folks. Tried using this to spawn an event which has an attached notetag that is used by another plugin, but the spawned in event isn't doing what it's supposed to with that other plugin. I am assuming one of 3 things is happening. Either:

1- Spawned in events don't include note tags.
2- My other plugin only looks at tags when the game is launched.
3- I am an idiot and screwed something basic up.

Which do you suppose is most likely?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Quick! Someone give me a snake pun about moving.
Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rai1209