- Oct 1, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Fishing Mini Game - Version 1.6
RPG Maker MV Plugin
My Breath of Fire 2 inspired mini game now has an MV version. This is not a plug-and-play plugin and requires a lot of setup!
This plugin adds a new fishing mini game to your project similar to that of Breath of Fire 2’s. This plugin is not plug-and-play and requires setting up. It may be difficult for new users.
– Customise a range of fish attributes to change how they behave such as bait they eat, speed, difficulty to reel in (and more)
– Customise each fishing spot’s backgrounds and music
– Add specific fish or objects or randomize them for each fishing spot. Use eventing to add quest items to catch from the water.
The demo contains examples of some things you can do.
You’ll notice that the RTP doesn’t come with many useful fishing icons (to use for rods and baits), and there’s not a whole lot of fish for you to use included in the demo – you’ll need to source or make your own resources to use.
How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_Fishing.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Create a new folder: /img/fishing/ and copy images from the demo to use as templates
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works
Get it here
Credit and Thanks
- Matt Beer for the fish
May be used in free projects but please PM me if you wish to use this in a commercial project.
2017-06-24 - Version 1.6 - fixed Confirm button not skipping fish caught info window
2017-04-01 - Version 1.5 - fixed click/touch for reeling/cancelling/etc
2017-03-09 - Version 1.4 - added click/touch for casting the line
2016-12-25 - Version 1.3 - fixed a bug where item wouldn't be gained with a custom message. Fixed a bug where static "fish" (eg. chest) wouldn't sink to the bottom if pulled up and line breaks
2016-11-21 - Version 1.2 - fixed a bug when fishing from a vehicle
2016-11-12 - Version 1.1 - fixed a bug that the fish item wasn't actually obtained when catching the fish.
2016-10-30 - Version 1.0 - Release