First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Invader Mini Game - Version 1.2
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
A much more complex and customizable remake of my Ace version. This is not a new user friendly plugin or plug-and-play. It requires eventing knowledge, database knowledge (animations) and a lot of time to set everything up how you like it. Basic javascript knowledge is beneficial.

Video

Features

A top-down shooter mini game that can be played within your RPG Maker MV project. It's pretty much a game within a game and requires patience to create.

Nearly everything in the mini game is customizable such as:
- Game Objects (player, enemies, powerups, bosses, etc.)
- Modules (weapons, armor, shields, etc. - items that can be equipped to objects)
- Phases (parts of levels that control enemy spawn, background graphics, music, etc.)
- Levels (made up of as many phases as required and records how well player does in each level)
The setup of each of the above elements is done via script calls. An xls file is included to assist in building these script calls.

Future updates will include
- A scene where player will be able to equip modules to their ship and play the mini game with their own ship layout.
- Touch screen capability
- Extensive "How-To" tutorial for setting up the mini game
- Much more!

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_InvaderMiniGame.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Create a new folder in your project: /img/invader/
- Copy from the demo or create your own HUD graphics, named as below:
- /img/invader/invaderHudHull1.png
- /img/invader/invaderHudHull2.png
- /img/invader/invaderHudShield1.png
- /img/invader/invaderHudShield2.png
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works.
It's a lot to take in but please study this documentation and demo before asking for assistance.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
May be used in FREE RPG Maker MV projects (including graphics from the demo).
Contact me if you wish to use this in a commercial project.
Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates

2016-08-10 - version 1.2 - Fixed crash in MV version 1.3

2016-07-09 - version 1.1 - Added settings for charge and bomb buttons
2016-06-15 - version 1.0 - Object 'collideItem' can add multiple items, 'collideItem' can now also remove 'pupModules', Added 'gainItem' to phase start

2016-05-31 - Version 0.9 - Added 'bomb' functionality - a limited resource to use as a panic button to damage all enemies on screen.

2016-04-15 - Version 0.8 - Free player movement (vertical and horizontal), armor, code optimization, charged weapons, weapon pickups

2016-03-28 - Version 0.7 - Added touch screen functionality

2016-03-05 - Version 0.6 - Bug fixes: Player now dies from collision damage. Objects will now spawn if created without modules.

2016-02-28 - Version 0.5 - BETA Release

Last edited by a moderator:

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Epic *~* Ty very much!

Just implemented it (I admit, with help of your demo) and it's working perfectly! 

+ It was just what I needed ^^ 

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
its f@ck!ng crazy man!!! awesome work!! that give me a lot of ideas for games  :rock-left:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
This is really amazing and gives me a lot of ideas as well. Of course I'm interested in using it commercially. Do we have to buy a license for that or is there some other agreement you have in mind for commercial use? I'll also send this in a PM if you don't want that info publicly.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks - yes, anyone interested in commercial usage please PM me to work out an agreement :)

ufi24472

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
期待~不過能和普通的RPG戰鬥共存嗎?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Google Translate:

Expect ~ but can coexist with ordinary RPG fighting it?

Sorry I don't speak Chinese, but from Google translate I think you are asking if the default RPG battles work as well as this one?

If so - yes they do :)

ufi24472

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
想請問一下,有沒有辦法直接修改難度?

ufi24472

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
01.png

另外他沒有辦法繼承以前的存檔,也就是必須要新建遊戲

如果使用了這個插件,必須要放棄以前的存檔

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would like to ask, is there a way to directly modify the difficulty ?

You build every aspect of the mini game... which means you control the difficulty by designing it yourself.

Also he could not inherit a previous save , also is the need to create a new game

If you use this plugin, must give up the previous archive

Yes, you need to start a new game and not load a save file that was saved prior to installing the plugin. It's not a plug-and-play mini game. It's not designed to be inserted into your project for convenience - it exists for you to build your own top-down shooter game the way you want to make it.

ufi24472

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes, you need to start a new game and not load a save file that was saved prior to installing the plugin. It's not a plug-and-play mini game. It's not designed to be inserted into your project for convenience - it exists for you to build your own top-down shooter game the way you want to make it.
如果我想加入到以發布的遊戲,看來會使玩家的存檔不能使用。

有沒有辦法可以繼承存檔? 

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't understand what you mean, sorry.

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Galv, this is a pretty stellar plugin.

I only have one suggestion. You should change the title from "Invader Mini Game" to "Invader Mega Game".  :rwink:

In all seriousness though. It's coming along really well, best of luck with the fine tuning.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You would have to create the required variables when loading a game then save the game again. Unfortunately I have a huge to-do list and not enough time to do it all so I cannot help with that right now.

I always recommend starting a new test game after installing plugins.

JRich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's awesome that this is possible. Thanks!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated to 0.6 - Bug fixes: Player now dies from collision damage. Objects will now spawn if created without modules. Thanks Aitor for the bug reports!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I make power ups? Either purchasable permanent ones or ones you pick up from the battle, ala Gradius.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is really cool!

I am trying to think of how I could use it in my Sci Fi themed game.....

Edit:  Wait.... Boss fights and special party recruitment events.....hmm... Galv, you are a genius!!!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do I make power ups? Either purchasable permanent ones or ones you pick up from the battle, ala Gradius.
Not sure what you mean by gradius. I think you mean when you pick up weapon powerup, it changes your ship during game?

That's currently not implemented, but I think it'd be good to have.

The next big enhancement to this plugin will allow you to collect ships and modules (in the RPG or via powerup in the mini game) and a scene that will allow the player to select and customize their ship from the parts they have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride