Galv's Layer Graphics (fogs, parallaxes, mapping)

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good suggestion with the display picture command. I can achieve the same results with it but unfortunately, in my case I am using Irina's Visual Novel Busts Plugin that has an issue with layer order when paired up with the Show Picture commands. I also extensively Galv's layer graphics as a separate "Background Picture" folder (for organizational purposes )as well because my Picture folder is now at 500+ images and it's getting hard to navigate what I need whenever I need a specific background image for a scene in an event.
Hmm, I see. There is an option for setting the coordinates of the layer using a Variable. You could in theory change two variables to player map x,y and then multiply the variable by 48, and adjust manually from there. I tried it for a few minutes, but ultimately seems like it might be more of a hassle than I thought, and likely not the ideal solution.

It might be easier to see if someone can edit the Bust plugin you're using... basically you need the bust to show above pictures but below the message window? I'm not familiar with that plugin, but there should be some sort of way to change the Z layer it's drawing the busts to. Alternatively, see if any plugins exist that change the Picture Z coordinates (not sure if this exists yet). Good luck!

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the description of feature request to make it more clear.

DaveTheArakin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya! Can anyone who is experienced with Galv Layer Graphic plugin answer some questions? :)

After the previous plugin (upp_parallaxPro) caused issues with saving the game, I switched to Galv Layer Graphic. I have figured out the basics, but I do wonder if I can do more.

First off, I can't make it work with plugin command. The map that I have created won't show up with a plugin command. It only works if I use Map Notes. I followed the instruction on Help, but it doesn't work.

It is possible to have more than one parallax map? Like an over and under layer. With the previous plugin, I was able to use an over and under, so my characters can walk beneath tree leaves without looking like they are stepping over it.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Check the plugin instructions again, make sure to read it all. You need to refresh layers if adding layers on the same map. And yes you can have as many layers as you need on any z level you need them on.
I recommend downloading the demo to see examples.

DaveTheArakin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the plugin instructions again, make sure to read it all. You need to refresh layers if adding layers on the same map. And yes you can have as many layers as you need on any z level you need them on.
I recommend downloading the demo to see examples.

I tried to open the demo, but when I did, it says "Unable to read file Actors.json

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Open the demo in your RPG Maker MV via 'Game.rpgproject', don't open the html file in a browser.

DaveTheArakin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the demo in your RPG Maker MV via 'Game.rpgproject', don't open the html file in a browser.

Thanks for the help. I managed to get your plugin to work how I wanted it. :)

Deduu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much for this plugin and the demo which makes it pretty easy to use.

However there are two questions left for me: What exactly does "char" do for static sprite layers? Does it make the layer move along if a certain object moves?

And is there any way to apply a layer graphic only to a certain object? E.g. show a shadow only above the player but make it invisible for the rest of the map? I am thinking of sth. very similar like your "SHADOW DARKEN"-plugin but not tile based and instead based on real graphics.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The 'char' setting lets you center the static layer on an event or player. In the demo, the red semicircle on the event is an example of that.

xiamumomo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
日语
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found that when your plug-in encounters horizontal and vertical circulation of the map, it will have problems. When you go to a fixed position, the foreground map will be refreshed

Puryfire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Forget it...! Got the Problem! ^^ Can't load Savegames from before adding the Layers. A new Game will start fine. Thanks anyway! ^^

Btw can't I delete my own posts??? oO

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't. We usually like you to leave the description of the issue as well as the solution, in case someone else has the same problem down the track.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Forget it...! Got the Problem! ^^ Can't load Savegames from before adding the Layers. A new Game will start fine. Thanks anyway! ^^

to fix that

Code:
Galv.LG.Game_Map_setup = Game_Map.prototype.setup;
Game_Map.prototype.setup = function(mapId) {
	Galv.LG.Game_Map_setup.call(this,mapId);
	if (!this.layerSettings)
	{
		this.layerSettings = {}
	}
	this.layerSettings[mapId] = this.layerSettings[mapId] || {}

// Setup map notetag layers
	this.createNoteLayers(mapId);

for (var obj in this.layerConfig()) {
		obj.currentx = 0;
		obj.currenty = 0;
	};
};

Puryfire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to fix that

Code:
Galv.LG.Game_Map_setup = Game_Map.prototype.setup;
    Galv.LG.Game_Map_setup.call(this,mapId);
    if (!this.layerSettings)
    {
        this.layerSettings = {}
    }
    this.layerSettings[mapId] = this.layerSettings[mapId] || {}

// Setup map notetag layers
    this.createNoteLayers(mapId);

for (var obj in this.layerConfig()) {
        obj.currentx = 0;
        obj.currenty = 0;
    };
};
Thank you Restart for the Information.
But... how do I have to use this? ^^ Do I have to change the Plugin? I am not really experienced with this Stuff. :p I am quite new to all of this.

Puryfire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't. We usually like you to leave the description of the issue as well as the solution, in case someone else has the same problem down the track.
Ah ok I understand. Then I won't delete my Post the next time. ;)

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Restart for the Information.
But... how do I have to use this? ^^ Do I have to change the Plugin? I am not really experienced with this Stuff. :p I am quite new to all of this.
probably easiest to edit the Game_Map.prototype.setup in the plugin itself, just replace it with the code I had in the previous post.

You could also save this:
Code:
Galv.LG.Game_Map_setupPatch = Game_Map.prototype.setup;
    if (!this.layerSettings)
    {
        this.layerSettings = {}
    }
    Galv.LG.Game_Map_setupPatch.call(this,mapId);

};
as a new .js file and import it as a plugin after galv layer graphics, either is good.

Basically the issue is that an empty game map layersettings gets defined upon new game creation, but not upon savegame loading. This just checks to see if it exists, and if it doesn't, it creates one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni