RMMV Galv's Layer Graphics Help

damianfox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. I am new, so forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how to use parallax mapping. I was encouraged to install Galv's Layer Plugin, and I have done so, and followed the help notes up to a point where I am lost.

I created a layers folder as instructed and put my test BG .png inside.

I was very lost looking for the - Plugin commands - in the UI but I finally found it. Although now that I have located it... I am not sure what to do with it.

I had no idea how to access the plugin commands before this, because I had never seen the event interface. In my mind, making the terrain is really fundamental and the first step, and events are more specific and secondary, but I guess we need to "trick" MV to force it not to use tiles, because it REALLY wants you to build your map with tiles.

I downloaded Galv's Example Project and I am currently trying to reverse engineer it, or replicate it so I can understand what it happening. He is using a term:

"Plugin Call"

I really don't understand what this means. Obviously it means "call the plugin" but... how? from where? Attached to what? I know what a map's note area is, but I don't understand the sequence of events Galv needs me to input to make a .png my BG layer and ignore all of MV's map functions.

I get the impression that there is some kind of fundamental understanding that I do not have, are there any suggestions what specifically I need to learn for this parallax process to make sense?

Thank you!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin call I refer to is to use the 'Plugin Command' event command (on the third tab of the event commands on the bottom right).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv