busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is there a way to add a later that will follow the camera? im sorry if it's been asked before. i want it to be static but static to the camera, if i move i want it to stay there on the screen no matter where i go.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make the X speed and Y speed of the layer equal the tile size in your game (default is 48)

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Where can i find the demo? i want to learn more about this. i cant seem to have decent sun rays in big maps

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make the X speed and Y speed of the layer equal the tile size in your game (default is 48)
this didnt work.

omg i didnt mean to double post, my daughter is distracting me and i cant erase this :( sorry

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
this didnt work.

omg i didnt mean to double post, my daughter is distracting me and i cant erase this :( sorry

Apologies, I meant use negative values. So -48, -48 for the x and y values.

The demo link is right below where you downloaded this plugin.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By the way I love your plug-ins. I'm using many of them. They're so useful!

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi,

I used this plugin successfully the better part of a year ago. Today I want back to that map, only to find the layer is no longer showing up during test play (despite not messing with anything). I've tried:
  • Checking the layer files -- they're still in the same place they were last year
  • Disabling all other plugins
  • Adding a tileset (but no tiles)
  • Taking the plugin file out of the plugins folder, then back in
Is there something else I can try?

Thanks!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might have accidentally overwrote the layer and map id. There shouldn't be a reason for it to just not work.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was actually able to get the layers to show up by entering and exiting the main menu in-game. For whatever I have a DevTools window popping up, but at least the layers function after the quick menu visit. At least one problem's solved, haha -- thanks for answering!

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hi galv. i'm having issues when deploying. it does not take the layer folder when deploying then, i copy and paste the folder, but when playing it still gives me an error of not finding the png files, even though the folder is in the correct place

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin looks great! Also I don't know why, maybe I'm tired, but when the NPC in the demo video says "I'll STICK IT TO YOU" and the random red half circle gets stuck to the player I started dying of laughter!

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Galv, first I would like to thank you for making this plugin! I do parallax map all the time and your plugin is probably the most versatile and flexible out there.
I'm not sure if you still receive request to add more feature to the plugin (let me know if you don't so I can make a post in plugin request!) but I was wondering if you could consider adding support for alpha mask? It would open up lots of possibility for better visual and effect.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leilahbrekke