Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! :kaohi:

Would someone be able to help me create an add-on for Galv's Magic Shards plugin?

EDIT: After a few months of not having much luck, I figured perhaps I'd have a bit more luck if I simplified things a bit. I can probably get the system mostly working through eventing, if someone could help me with two small tweaks to the plugin:

1. Set a variable to the actor ID of the character who's currently equipping/unequipping a shard
2. Run a Common Event every time a shard is equipped or unequipped (without closing the Magic Shard scene. Perhaps could use this plugin to help achieve this?: http://endlessillusoft.com/menu-common-events/)

Alternitively, as another option, another plguin that might be able to accomplish what I'm hoping to do alongside Galv's Magic Shards plugin, with a bit of editing, is Kru's Class Clange plugin:

The original, more complex/complete request is here below, if anyone would still be interested in taking it on:

What I'm hoping to achieve is to change the class of the equipped character based on what shards they equip. For example, if they equip 1 Fire Shard, they become a Fire Mage. If they swap the Fire Shard with an Ice Shard, they become an Ice Mage. If they then equip both at the same time, they now become a Frostburn Sage.

To be more specific, there's two notetags that I'd imagine would need to be made to allow for this:

The first being something along the lines of<shardelement: fire>
In which the "element" of the shard it set. That way, a Fire Shard, Blazing Shard, and Magma Shard could all count towards making the character a Fire Mage.

The other would presumably be for the actor itself, along the lines of <shardclass: 5, fire, fire, fire>
In which the actor would become class ID 5 when equipped with 3 "fire" shards. If the actor's shards don't meet the requirements from any of their notetags, they would just revert back to their initial class. In the case that the actor meets the requirements for several of these notetags at once, I think it would be easiest if they would take on the class from the lowest notetag that they qualify for.

As one last note, it would be really nice if, when hovering over shards to swap/add/remove in the magic shards scene, it would show how the character's stats would change upon the class change.

I hope I explained this well enough, but if there's anything you'd like me to explain in more detail, definitely let me know!

Thank you! :kaothx:

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used or read the magic shards plugin, so I'm not sure to what extent the shards are treated as equipment; however, you could try adding this in, just to see if it does anything.

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used or read the magic shards plugin, so I'm not sure to what extent the shards are treated as equipment; however, you could try adding this in, just to see if it does anything.
Hey, and thanks for the recommendation! :)

It definitely looks like a good start, although it seems that the plugin only supports single item-to-class changes without any other functionality that I could try and tweak to allow for the actor specific combinations I'm hoping to do. Unfortunately it also seems that Mellye doesn't seem to be around there days to possibly add the functionality. Thanks again, though.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot code, but if you require it as dire need, you can try to commission it?
otherwise, I have no idea how many freelancers are able to make the edit or
how much time is required to do so.

but I hope you get the help required ^^

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, and ah, thanks for the advice.

Perhaps I'd have a bit more luck if I simplified things a bit. I can probably get the system mostly working through eventing, if someone could help me with two small tweaks to the plugin:

1. Set a variable to the actor ID of the character who's currently equipping/unequipping a shard
2. Run a Common Event every time a shard is equipped or unequipped (without closing the Magic Shard scene. Perhaps could use this plugin to help achieve this?: http://endlessillusoft.com/menu-common-events/)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx