Galv's Magic Shards + VE-Materia System

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Damaris, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Damaris

Damaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    <Solved>

Hey hey!
    So... I've been developing a game for about a month, and I finally hit my first hurdle. Thought I'd come back to the community for the first time since RMXP to get some advice.

Problem;

Galv's Magic Shards GUI menu displays no "Shards" in the list of shards when attempting to equip them.

Specifically; I believe it's Window_ShardItem that remains empty.

Notes;
    I can force equip them with plugin commands, and they work perfectly when they are equipped.
    I can remove them after they've been equipped using the GUI menu.

Probable Cause;
    Victor Engine - Materia System.

Notes;

I run a simple skip-title script, and if I disable it (use the default startup) then the Materia system has the same issue (Cannot select Materia to equip). Which strikes me as odd but possibly irrelevant to the problem / a problem for another day.

Additional Note;
    To get Galv's Magic shards to work properly, I need to disable both the VE Materia System, and the Title Screen Skip plugin. Having either of them active produces the Problem.

I'm a script kiddie. But these two plugins in particular are a little manly for my prepubescent skills.

So; I'm here seeking the advice of what I remember as an astounding community.

My script list contains considerable Yanfly scripts, and I'm aware that VE and Galv scripts don't always play nice with Yanfly scripts, but in the debugging process I managed to get each of these scripts (Materia and Magic shards) working with my current plugin list. The only flaw being the stated Problem.
    Basically; why is this happening and where should I look in my attempt to fix it?
    I wouldn't put it past myself that I may have simply overlooked a simple solution in the past 4 hours or so of examining forums, the code and demos... But hopefully someone out there can point me in the right direction.

I've attached my plugin list if you're interested. The more information the better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Damaris

Damaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Mark as solved.

Turns out, It was an error in my plugin order.