First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Magic Shards - Version 2.2
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Welp, this one was a doozy and there might be some bugs I missed so let me know. A new way to add customization to your actors.

Screenshot

Features
Equip "Magic Shards" to your characters. These shards are made from 'weapons' and 'armors' and give the actor the features/stats that these equips give normally. In addition, shards equipped adjacent to each other can be set up to add additional skills to actors.

- Choose graphical or basic menu
- Actors can have different looking Magic Orb graphics (and change during game)
- Actors can gain Shard Slots with plugin command or via levelling up
- Many settings like sound effects/vocab/appear in menu/etc.
- lock/unlock shard slots with plugin calls or cursed shards

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MagicShards.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Read the help file. There's a LOT to learn about how to setup.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)
This one was very time consuming to make. I would welcome any donations from those using it!

Updates
2017-04-12 - Version 2.2 - added plugin setting to show only equippable shards in the actors shard list
2016-08-10 - Version 2.1 - fixed cache issue in MV 1.3 update
2016-03-22 - Version 2.0 - added plugin command to remove a shard from an actor (without knowing which slot shard was equipped to). Added level-up text when shard slots are added via level-up
2016-02-18 - Version 1.9 - notetag changes
2015-12-15 - Version 1.8 - added script to use in conditional branch to check if actors, party members or party have certain shards equipped
2015-11-22 - Version 1.7 - fixed an issue that poked a firefox bug and caused a crash.
2015-11-22 - Version 1.6 - fixed a bug that crashed when learning new skill on level up
2015-11-19 - Version 1.5 - added ability to disable/enable menu command
2015-11-19 - Version 1.4 - added plugin command to change shards on actors
2015-11-18 - Version 1.3 - added the ability to lock/unlock shards slots through plugin calls or equipped cursed shards
2015-11-18 - Version 1.2 - fixed a display bug made from last patch, added compatibility with yanfly passive states
2015-11-18 - Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug with showing more than 12 slots
2015-11-18 - Version 1.0 - Release

Shard Images
Soryn has made some graphics that look nice for use as shards and has kindly shared them also! Find there here:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51281-shards-for-galvs-magic-shards-plugin-156-icons/

Last edited:

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Looks great! Gonna try this after work :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh my you really ported this one XD!? you wanted galv you mad I don't imagine the number of time you had to cry in a corner for suceed to port this jewel

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Galv, this looks amazing. Diving in!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hooooly crap... You actually ported it. This feature was the foundation of my game in VXA and I thought there was no chance of you porting this over to MV. Thank you VERY much!

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would it be acceptable to request compatibility with Yanfly's Auto Passive States? :)

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Beautiful plugin ... "as always" !!! but an idea: you can make the player with a similar screen, you decide which "Magic Orb" equip ???

I realized that I want to say ???

and maybe any "magic Orb adds bonuses to the parameters, or add some skill or self-status ????

a bit like the" GARMENT GRIDS "Final Fantasy X-2 ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
This looks sweet Galv! Great work on this. Here's a bug I found:

I ran a quick test and saw that if you set the maximum slots to 13+ they stack next to each other and don't adjust themselves along the wheel's perimeter.

I don't know the method you used for up to 12 slots, but here's an idea; you can make an auto-adjust function using the dimensions of the image wheel, and the number of slots to determine the position of each one. If you want to allow players to choose the maximum number of slots and adjust the graphics themselves to make them fit, this method would be the best way to do it.

And for a new feature if you're up for it, you can allow inner circles of orbs with parameters in the plugin such as "Max Outer Slots: X" and "Max Inner Slots: Y". And the inner ones can be normal or allow only special types to be slotted (Greater Orbs or something).

Suzio Uwabami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would it be acceptable to request compatibility with Yanfly's Auto Passive States? :)
Definitely would love that. I wonder why it's not compatible though. I mean, you learn the skill, the skill gives you the passive. Why is it not working this way? Weird, scripting is strange to me :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This looks sweet Galv! Great work on this. Here's a bug I found:

I ran a quick test and saw that if you set the maximum slots to 13+ they stack next to each other and don't adjust themselves along the wheel's perimeter.

I don't know the method you used for up to 12 slots, but here's an idea; you can make an auto-adjust function using the dimensions of the image wheel, and the number of slots to determine the position of each one. If you want to allow players to choose the maximum number of slots and adjust the graphics themselves to make them fit, this method would be the best way to do it.

And for a new feature if you're up for it, you can allow inner circles of orbs with parameters in the plugin such as "Max Outer Slots: X" and "Max Inner Slots: Y". And the inner ones can be normal or allow only special types to be slotted (Greater Orbs or something).
Thanks for reporting - this was due to the window only showing a certain amount before "scrolling" to the next lot of window text. I've updated to v.1.1 and fixed this so all slots will show around the circle. This adjusts based on the image dimensions you put in the settings, so you can make this larger (recommended only with larger resolution).

Though it was a good idea, I haven't implemented inner slots.

I will look at Yanfly's Passive states a bit later and see why they aren't compatible :)

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Specifically the passive placed on the shard, not the skill learned. Sorry for any confusion!

I hadn't thought about making a skill to accomplish the same thing.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
v1.1 is causing the graphic to get cut off at the bottom at higher resolutions. (This is at 1488x816)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This looks amazing, Galv! Great work!

I can answer the auto passive states bit. Auto passive states are only applied from skills that are learned permanently. This means that skills acquired through traits, equipment, etc. that aren't permanent won't be retained. The reason for this is to prevent infinite loops (where skills that give passive states with traits that give skills that will give passive states looping over and over again).

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks guys

I've just updated to v.1.2 - fixed the bug I made with last version and also put in code for compatibility with Yanfly's Auto Passive States - but only for the equipped shard, not the skill learned from shard links :)

EDIT: Oh make sure this plugin is below Yanfly's in the plugin manager list :D

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting - this was due to the window only showing a certain amount before "scrolling" to the next lot of window text. I've updated to v.1.1 and fixed this so all slots will show around the circle. This adjusts based on the image dimensions you put in the settings, so you can make this larger (recommended only with larger resolution).

Though it was a good idea, I haven't implemented inner slots.

I will look at Yanfly's Passive states a bit later and see why they aren't compatible :)
Okay Galv thank you for the response! It seemed weird that it was fine up until 12 slots but then it went bonkers. So did you have the inner slots in mind from before or from my post here? I remember something similar in X-2 with the Special Dresspheres being in the center and I liked that.  So are there plans for the inner slots or is that a maybe for down the line?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll add it to my to-do list. Inner shards is a cool idea, I didn't think of doing that before.

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I'll add it to my to-do list. Inner shards is a cool idea, I didn't think of doing that before.
Nice! :)  And yeah, I also thought it's a cool feature like for super skills or something! Think of the Mega Chips or Giga Chips from Megaman Battle Network or the Special Dresspheres from FFX-2. 

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks guys

I've just updated to v.1.2 - fixed the bug I made with last version and also put in code for compatibility with Yanfly's Auto Passive States - but only for the equipped shard, not the skill learned from shard links :)

EDIT: Oh make sure this plugin is below Yanfly's in the plugin manager list :D
Works great!

Are there any script calls that mimic the plugin commands? Specifically adding and removing shard slots.

Edit:

Should I just call something like...

Galv.MS.changeShardSlots(1,1)To increase the shards by 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is there anyone who would like to resize some of sprites I've got and put them into MV sheet? I'm bad at that kind of things. I want to make a game, but I lack in resources and I'm bad at recolouring them, so my only option was to use a sprite maker from one game (Ive got permission to use it) but these are sprites from VX Ace and I only have MV. So, is there anyone interested in helping me?
Wow! This game looks great! Streaming now :D
Working on a system that allows you to define events in an easy to use text file format!!! Would you use such a thing? 0o
Have my fingers crossed, waiting for a discount sale on MZ on Steam.. Its normally around the corner during Halloween or x-mas season on Steam, if i remember right..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neko_ene1ove