First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Manual Level Up - Version 1.0
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Assign parameter points and manually level up party members. Just a simple one.

Screenshot

Features

This plugin changes how level ups work in your project. Instead of levelling up normally when a character reaches the required exp for next level, the player will instead be required to manually level them up from a new scene that can be accessed via the status screen or script call.

The manual level up screen displays skills and parameters that will be acquired as well as a number of points the player can spend to boost chosen parameters. Each parameter can have one point placed in it which will increase it by a designated amount (which can vary for different classes).

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_ManualLevel.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works

- requires two pictures...  /img/system/stat_container.png ... /img/system/stat_point.png

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2016-09-20 - Version 1.0 - Release 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Great script functionality, nicely done!

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
The plugin looks great, is there a way to have this only work on one character and the others just level up like normal?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, this plugin wasn't written to do that.

Zack Phoenix

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks great! However, as with every stat-distribution system ever - is there a way to respec?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This might be the only stat-distribution system ever that doesn't then.

It could be done with eventing, though - to store their exp, make them level 1, give them back exp and a script call to remove all bonus points added.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was just messing around with this plugin and it's really pretty awesome. Could make for a fun Devil Survivor-esque level system with a bit of tweaking. 

Curious though, can you choose which stats to allow growth for? Ex, instead of being able to upgrade everything, only being able to upgrade HP, ATK, and DEF? I read through the plugin and help file and didn't see anything about it. This isn't a request, I'm just curious.

Excellent work as usual, Galv!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes you can, it's one of the plugin settings

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Galv I recently posted on your site then realised what I put may have sounded a bit complicated so I'll post the same thing here so that I can use screenshots to help explain. So this isn’t a problem with your plugin, more of a personal problem on my part. Basically, I’m using a plugin that allows me to use my own png background image into my menu(see example1), however, when the lv up page that is created by your plugin comes up, it uses the default window/background(see example2). Is there a way for me to use my background image in your plugin so that the window background/image is the same as my main menu?

Attachments

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Please ask that in the script support forum as unfortunately I am super busy at the moment. Someone should be able to help you there :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah I did already and they said that I would have to edit the script in your plugin which basically meant I was best asking you. It's fine though, I'm in no rush so I'll ask later perhaps when you're not busy. Thanks anyway.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My plugin doesn't do anything to the background and uses default window creation (and windowskin). Any changes should be able to be done without editing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoloJou