- Oct 1, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Map Animation Effects - Version 1.4
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Whilst playing around with ideas of remaking my Region Effects, I decided to approach it a little differently for my MV version - Map Animation Effects.
This plugin adds visual effects to maps using animations with the following features:
1. Settings for idividual animations
– Change z value to play under/over map objects and characters
– Play animation at x,y position and not follow target’s movement
These settings are done using a tag in the animation name in the database
2. Region animation effects
– Set “Region Effects” to display when event or the player contact
– Use event note to control what region effects they can activate
– Set global region effects for all maps the in plugin settings
– Set local regions events for each map in the map’s notes
– Choose a common event to run
Combining these things, you can create map effects such as stepping in shallow water, kicking up dust or anything you imagination can create using the MV Animation editor in the database.
The ability to run a common event further adds to the region stepping functionality
This is an intermediate plugin – beginners may find it complicated.
How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MapAnimEffects.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file to see how it works. Examine the demo if you don't understand.
- Create your own animations to use. Included in the download is MapEffects1.png (to be put in /img/animations/) to start you off with 3 examples of stepping in water, kicking up dust and rustling grass.
Get it here
Credit and Thanks
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
2016-04-28 - Version 1.4 - fixed a crash when using the event test feature
2016-02-04 - Version 1.3 - compatibility with Tsukihime's Party and added ability to use event page comments
2015-12-17 - Version 1.1 - Fixed it to work with diagonal movement (place this plugin below diagonal movement plugins)
2015-11-20 - Version 1.0 - Release
Last edited by a moderator: