Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am unsure at how you have set up what you describe. It sounds more like you are talking about a different plugin than this? Perhaps my Character Animations plugin?

Handsome_Sorbo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow I'm an idiot. I totally posted it in the wrong thread. Yes the character animation one is what I am using for the idle animation. Sorry for any confusion.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have successfully created the animation, and as of right now my character will do the idle animation after 300 frames. I'm happy with this.

However, a few things are happening that are undesirable.  When the idle animation plays for the first time there is a flicker when the animation changes from the default character to the idle animation.  After the first time the idle animation plays this doesn't happen again. Even if the character moves around and stops, the transition is smooth. It's just that first one.
How are you changing the graphic? In a move Route event? I'd have to see screenies of what you've done. It does sound like the generic issue with RPG Maker MV not having the image loaded into the cache before displaying it. But I haven't seen that in general event graphics changes.
Also, when I transfer to a new map the character always enters the scene doing the idle animation. It's just a little awkward because he'll walk through a doorway, or along a path and then when the screen fades in for the new map he's standing there looking at his watch.
This sounds like an issue with your common event setup. Can't say without seeing that either, though. You could ask in the general MV support for common event queries as well

Handsome_Sorbo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think I have figured out a work around. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. As someone who has always wanted to make a game, but has no background in scripting, help from people like you really opens up possibilities for people like me.

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work!

Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an issue with vanilla MV where my map animations will be gone for a few frames or sometimes a full second if I enter the menu then exit.

Does this plugin fix that issue?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately this is default MV - if an animation is playing it will disappear when the menu is opened and not be there when you exit the menu.

I'm actually looking at possible ideas to change that functionality

Porcelain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately this is default MV - if an animation is playing it will disappear when the menu is opened and not be there when you exit the menu.

I'm actually looking at possible ideas to change that functionality
That's too bad, cause animations are way more flexible and have better performance than pictures in the default engine. I imagine the solution has something to do with saving the state of the animation and preserving it until the menu is closed.

Anyway, nice job on the script. The depth feature is particularly cool since Pixi's lack of it really hurts sometimes.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I received a report that my Party Manager doesn't work with your plugin and took a look at the line that throws an error

Line 385

var word = $dataMap.events[eventId].note.match(/<(.*)>/i)

My events are generated dynamically at run-time, so the map data would not have this information.

I could update $dataMap as well...

Not sure what would be the best way to do this.

I'd like to say just check the game map's list of events, but Game_Event assumes the data is stored in $dataMap...

Last edited by a moderator:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, instead of checking the notes on the initialization of events, maybe I could check them as each are needed? Without looking at it yet, I would just have to reference wherever you are storing the new event data and get the note from there? I'll take a look at your plugin to see if I can do that when I get the chance.

Edit: Actually - I wonder if users even need to check for map region effects on their party events. I could just write a patch to make it not check?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmm, instead of checking the notes on the initialization of events, maybe I could check them as each are needed? Without looking at it yet, I would just have to reference wherever you are storing the new event data and get the note from there? I'll take a look at your plugin to see if I can do that when I get the chance.

Edit: Actually - I wonder if users even need to check for map region effects on their party events. I could just write a patch to make it not check?

It is fine. I will update $dataMap with the new event info, to be consistent with the way Game_Event operates, so we can assume that all event data should exist in $dataMap.

I will also make sure that in the future, any dynamically spawned events also update the $dataMap.

Perhaps having a party on the map would result in some special map effects.

I would prefer to leave that possibility open.

What do you think of checking comments instead of a note? Since comments are page-based whereas notes apply to the entire event.

You could also possibly check if there is valid event data...but that's trying to safeguard against the possibility that someone isn't properly creating new events to the map.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Checking for comments sounds like a good idea. That would add functionality of being able to have different region effect setting for events by switching their event page.

I wouldn't mind setting them up during event initialization, though - so it wouldn't have to scan through event commands and comment strings each time events move. Would this still be a possibility with changes you are making?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering why my plugin didn't just crash out-right when it tried to check for event pages.

Then I noticed I did this

Game_PartyEvent.prototype.event = function() {
return $.templateEvent;
};

I think maybe if you called event() to grab the event instead of access $dataMap directly, it would be more compatible. At least, if I were to subclass Game_Event, this is generally how I would do it cause the `event` method is supposed to return the event data anyways.

Once you have a reference to the event data, then it's completely open. The issue I was having was the game not being able to find the correct event data.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool, that sounds perfect. Thanks for that, Tsukihime! I shall make the changes as soon as I am able.

EDIT: Updated to 1.3 - I believe is now compatible with Tsukihime's party plugin and have also added ability to use comment to change event region step setting

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the test fonction no work when the plugin are active.

Try left click on [text or picture commande] and click test, and  get error.

i need desactive all time your plugin for fast test.

Can you do somthing , a conditional for bypass test or for it work ?

i try new game with only your plugin and is this plugin do this

error: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined
at Game_Map.setup (/C:/Users/jonle/Documents/Games/Project1/js/plugins/GALV_MapAnimEffects.js:314)
at Game_Player.performTransfer (rpg_objects.js:7448)
at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:378)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:370)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1782)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1754)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1680)

Sans-titre-1.jpg

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for letting me know - updated to 1.4 fixing that now. Let me know if it happens elsewhere, too

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for letting me know - updated to 1.4 fixing that now. Let me know if it happens elsewhere, too

Nice jobs tank you Galv

Its work now

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'd like to report a bug.

My current set up in the plug in is:

Region effects: 7,10,p-fly

Followers: True

My intended effect is to have only the Player and his/her party members perform a map animation- my reason being is because I don't want multible events on the map whether on screen or off screen making constant noises- what I have set up here  it works fine- however despite the followers true option- party members are not capable of performing the animation.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Follower effects appear to be working in the demo. Please check for plugin conflict.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just went through the demo and changed the party member label to true much like the plugin I have on my own project- but the effect does not want to share with the party members.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahh, I see - the followers work when it's set to all, but not to just player. Adding to my to-do list to fix

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_5.png added!
index.php

Rendering the intro for the 4 time today, everytime it finished I noticed something that I found off and had to fix it and render it all over again...
Would not be so bad if it was not for my PC having the speed of a slug.:kaoswt2:
Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowpalkia99