Galv's Map Projectiles and Terrax Lighting

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ImaginaryVillain, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImaginaryVillain

ImaginaryVillain Spawned by Galv Forum Spawner Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I've been puzzling over this for a bit...

I'm trying to make a projectile (be it from the player or an event) emit light as it travels. I'm currently using Galv's Map Projectiles...
    https://galvs-scripts.com/category/rmmv-plugins/mv-on-map/#post-1824 to cover all of the game's projectiles. I'm also looking to light it with Terrax Lighting https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/terrax-lighting-system.49339/

Here's Galv's Map Projectiles demo with Terrax Enabled...
    https://ufile.io/nuuhvtq3

As far as I can tell according to Terrax's manual, the only commands for referencing a location or event are the Plugin Commands effect_on_event or effect_on_xy or a command in the Event's notes. And of course Galv's Map Projectiles only flips switches or runs common events at the point of a projectile's impact.

Other things to note, I do not know in advance where the events or player will be, just that they'll all be somewhere in region 1. I also can't spawn an event as a light source to follow the projectile due to event stacking restrictions in Yanfly's Event Spawner.

So is this possible?

P.S. I'm also not completely married to either plugin, but as both are almost completely setup gameplay wise... I'd kind of prefer not to redo them if at all possible.

2. definite_lee

definite_lee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Galv has an event spawn plugin as well that can spawn events 'overlap' on top of each other. Maybe try that with your spawn an event as a light source idea.

ImaginaryVillain likes this.
  3. ImaginaryVillain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wait a minute.... Seriously?! I'm so glad I asked, not sure if this will solve the current problem in the thread. It might. However the limitation of spawning events on top of events has been a thorn in my side for some time in other areas of my game. Thanks!

definite_lee likes this.
  4. definite_lee

definite_lee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah we decided to use Galv's event spawner over Yanfly's to break free of that limitation.

5. ImaginaryVillain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the idea of it, but after replacing over 100 instances of Yanfly's with Galv's (since apparently the two plugins fight)... I learned the hard way one can't just straight swap the two. As far as I can tell it looks like it's continuously spawning the same event on the same location, even if overlay is set to just Terrain. The results are predictably hilarious, as my game builds itself as you go.... So it tried to build the whole game into one room. Yes, yes it does exactly what you'd expect it to; lights, explosions, stuff everywhere... till it freezes.

Since the code worked perfectly before a straight swap between Yanfly's and Galv's script calls.. I think it's an issue with another plugin. Probably Yanfly Self Switches and Variables since others have mentioned issues with it as per the solution I found in https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-event-spawner.61878/page-4

..Which sadly didn't fix the problem. Honestly this looks like quite the rabbit hole to go down this far into the project. I think I'll hunt around for other solutions before potentially turning to this one as it looks like I'd need to rework most of game. :hswt2:

6. ImaginaryVillain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright, I ended up falling down the rabbit hole and just building an entire ABS to replace Galv's Map Projectiles. Galv's Event Spawner turned out to be fantastic after a bunch work to make it work around other stuff. Thanks again for the suggestion!

7. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.