Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no script call to do that currently but I will add it to my to-do list when I enhance this plugin

xanax48

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it just me, or is this ripe for a tower defense style mini game. Combining this with Yanfly's "Grid-Free Doodads"  and scripting some enemy paths adds some interesting possibilities. Think Final Fantasy 7's Fort Condor Tower Defense.

(@_@)  ....Currently thinking about the things.... ALL THE THINGS!

I know this has dozens of uses, but I've been in mini game mode for a while, nothing says RPG like a well placed mini game.

~Not suggesting you add that to your list, gotta leave some play room for a Dev to experiment lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Was thinking of using this for like an open gang war in my project and utilising it also with the event spawn plugin.

Wondering how I can get events to target other events IDs, so to say if a yellow soldier spots a green soldier event they will aproach each other and shoot projectiles until one is destroyed. Would that be too difficult to work out with this plugin?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it just me, or is this ripe for a tower defense style mini game.

This was one of the reasons I made this plugin. I have plans for this in future

Was thinking of using this for like an open gang war in my project and utilising it also with the event spawn plugin.

Wondering how I can get events to target other events IDs, so to say if a yellow soldier spots a green soldier event they will aproach each other and shoot projectiles until one is destroyed. Would that be too difficult to work out with this plugin?

This plugin generates projectiles from an event/player to an event/player's x,y position. Other things you want to do (like the AI you mention) you'll have to work out with eventing or something :)

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I could just resort to scripted scenes, but if i want to be more elaborate, i might have to locate a plugin that allows events to interact with others- that I don't know if it's been developed yet.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.3

- Can now use animated projectile spritesheets

- Hit detection for events changed from tile x,y to within a range from their real sprite x,y

- Shooting to mouse position added

- Projectiles can fade out when max range reached.

HikariAkio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can please someone explain detail me about Galv.PROJ.ceTargetId() with example? :(
I think it can assign a variable to certain number..but it doesn't work :3

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It will only work in a common event that is triggered by a projectile.

I have updated the demo on my script site with an example of this in common event 1

Helstern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the plugin!  Is there any built-in way to have followers shoot projectiles too?

HikariAkio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks again....I want to do mini game style Portal and this plugin helps me alot :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the plugin!  Is there any built-in way to have followers shoot projectiles too?

No, sorry - I didn't incorporate follower projectiles

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can modify the plugin for your own project, sure.

loki2007

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to use this to animate sword slashes or spear strikes with a range of 1 or 2?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not built in. This is a projectile plugin.

Helstern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to use this to animate sword slashes or spear strikes with a range of 1 or 2?

While playing around with Galv's plugin, I was able to do this:

The animation is in a common event that is called via Yep_ButtonCommonEvents.  It's not perfect, but I was setting these little coding/setup challenges to try to learn the RPG Maker MV software. 

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That would be an impressive thing to do, or perhaps have them built in with some sort of A.I to have them provide support like they move around you aswell or something.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I asked galv on his website, but he is very busy.
Mabye someone else have solution for this:
I try to create a shotgun. I want that the character shots one bullet i the direction where your mouse is. Thats no problem, but i want to spree / split the bullet. They should fly like that: \ | /
This will work if you dont use the mouse. But if i use it, I cant define the other two bullets. I hope you know what i mean :D

loki2007

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Projectiles aren't friendly/enemy based (so it wouldn't technically be 'friendly fire') but they can be set to hit events or player and do different actions for them.

This isn't an ABS plugin and doesn't include event hp functionality but if you have a system set up for event hp, then yes it can be done.
For those wondering, using this plug in with Galv's Puzzle Functions, Mog's throw event, and Yanfly's Self Switch and Self Variables makes for a nice pseudo-abs.... 

@Helstern Nice, I have some shots using button common events. I will try animating a sword swing and post my results if I get it working right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsaacSkyder