Galv's Map Projectiles

Arteefy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegian
Primarily Uses
Does  '|e' (erase)  only apply when projectile is shot from player? 

(When projectile is shot from event-to-event I get this message: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'y' of null").

Last edited by a moderator:

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Galv

I noticed the <projBlock:x> notetag, makes the 'x' projectile go through the event.

Is there a way to make the projectile hit the event, play the animation, and NOT trigger the action? I'm using this for puzzles and it's really strange when my bullets go through the switch and hit the walls.

Maybe you could add 'inverted version' of the <projBlock:x> notetag? I'm making a lot of projectiles and it becomes a little hard to configure the puzzles.

Ex: Frozen Switch only triggers if I hit it with fireball (projectile 4), so I need to set the notetag <projBlock:1,2,3,5,6,7,8....>

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.4

I added the ability to use the tag:

<projEffect:x,x,x,x>

To specify a list of projectile id's that will trigger the event action on hit. If a projectile doesn't have that id, it can still hit but not trigger the action (provided you didn't add it to the block list).

loki2007

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I figured out a hook shot solution: Create a projectile (that looks like a grappling hook), & set it to activate self switch A when it hits the target. On the target event's self switch page A, use a movement route plugin (such as Galv's) to set through on (just a precaution) and Jump to event X (the id of the event hit) and turn through off. Follow up with turn self switch A off. You can hook shot over and over to that event! I used balloon icons, and SE to complete the look and sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello @Galv sorry to bother again.

I'm trying to make a system where one of my characters summon turrets that fire in a fixed direction. To do that I'm using GALV_EventSpawner. The problem is, I don't know the id of the event that will spawn. Can I ask you to implement a way to reference "this event" in the "sid" of the projectile? Maybe '0' or '-2'? Thanks.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could use in place of the sid in a script call:
this._eventId

That will only work if the projectile is created in the event commands of the event. It won't work in the quick projectiles in plugin settings.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It was brought to my attention I made a bug that prevented effects on the player.
I have updated this now and version 1.5 should fix this

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Code:
$gamePlayer._projYoffset = -100;
I noticed that when I use the Y offset that the offset also affects the target position. I only wanted to use the offset to make the projectile come from my large players hands.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahh I see what you mean. I will fix this up when I get some time

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.6 - I believe I have fixed the yoffset end target position issue. Let me know if any problems

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question. Will '| s(D:T)' trigger self switches of event hit?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, to turn self switch D on, you would use:
Code:
|s(D:on)

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm looking to create a small demo with this plugin with the intention of ammunition/weapon selection and hopefully enemy a.i with your other plugins. I think it would serve as a great experiment and could further expand bug testing compatibility with them :)

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
is there a function that the projectile can hit only enemy event??? so that it passes through the allied event
(i have an array of enemy and allied events)

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make sure you have latest version of the plugin and read over the plugin documentation. You can exclude events being hit by certain projectiles using event comments.

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make sure you have latest version of the plugin and read over the plugin documentation. You can exclude events being hit by certain projectiles using event comments.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.7 - added size to projectiles to mimic larger hitboxes. I say mimic as it doesn't allow specifying width and height, only a distance (the size) from the projectile's center point.

Matt_Slykhuis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galv, I love all the options this plugin opens up, but I want to be able to talk to NPCs without shooting them. Is there a way to change the keybinding for projectiles, so that it's not on the action button?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)
just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ
I think it is absolutely adorable how Korone says "Eekum Bokum" and the fact she seems so amused by it. :LZSproud:

Justice is "Just ice" without a space
Hi, I was only a silent reader for years, finally I decided to create an account. Greetings all. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robwork