mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have it set up so that they die, and I have explosions for them when they do. That took forever and the only way I got it working was to add a self switch to the events themselves. I thought I could include it in the premade script in the plugin, but the animation would only play on the player ship, not on the enemy's.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it so that the shots only go in one direction. And how to make the screen scroll while the player can still move and shoot.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can force the direction of a projectile. There's a parameter that controls this. You probably have it set to player direction but you can specify the direction. It uses the numbers 1-9 as they would appear on a phone dialer. 1 is up-left, 2 is up, 3 is up-right and so on. 5 isn't used as that's in the center of the dialer.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed that in the help portion of the plugin, but I can't figure out where or how to use the code that uses "dir." As near as I can tell, if you use a premade, you can't use "dir"? I dunno. I tried a couple of things, but couldn't get it to work.

And I'm gonna be honest, I'm really frustrated with MV right now. I decided to try working on the story/beginning of the game and come back to the mechanics. I made a map (which took longer than it should have) with a house. The house looks one way in the map editor but completely differently in the game. I don't know how I accomplished that feat. XD There's no way to fix mistakes in the map editor either, that I can see. I know this isn't the place to put this rant but... wow... this program is clumsy and broken. I'm not sure how anyone is able to make something decent with this thing. I had to restart a map three times because I placed a tile somewhere I didn't want it to be and had no way to erase it. And then the thing I made looked different in the game! So... I think I'm going to have to think of a different project to work on until I have a handle on how MV works, something simple, and I'll just make all my maps in Photoshop or something and import them bc the map editor just doesn't seem to work right, or at all.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
quickDir uses direction as one of the first few parameters. If you use quickTar, that same parameter represents the target id instead. But yeah, if you're just starting out, this might not be a good plugin to mess around with just yet. The RPG Maker base engine does take some time to get to know and your expectations of what something should do often isn't what it actually does. That should definitely be your first priority before attempting to construct your own custom battle system. You can come back to this and it'll be a lot easier figure out.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I just couldn't figure out where to use quickDir at. I thought it went in the parallel process event, but I tried that and it didn't seem to work.

I think I'm going to look around at some tilesets and sprites that other people have made and try to come up with a short game I can make just as a means of teaching myself how to use MV. I think I might try to make a horror game of some sort. Then when I have some practice at working in MV, I can come back to this project.

kartacha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you think I can combine this one with the Event Detection somehow to make a static turret that:
A/ Fires in 180 degree when it detects the player (without moving) and also you being able to turn it around with eventing
B/ Fires in just 1 tile lane (be it horizontal or vertical) when it detects the player and stops firing when its visibility is blocked by and event or a region
This will make some great puzzles if it is possible.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Galv or anyone else please tell me how can i change that what happens when it hits player or is there any tutorial about this plugin

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, I don't have any tutorials but there's the plugin documentation as well as a demo with examples on how to do that.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv Please can you tell me what's problem here

My Plugin Settings -:

Capturedd.PNG

My common event i am calling

Common.PNG

Event i am using for plugin -:

Capture.PNG

Result i am getting is this animation playing while my common event is saying to display game over

hit.PNG

Please tell me how i can change it animation was hard to capture . please provide some screenshots if you can otherwise just explain about it

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
I've been in a fight today with this plugin and quasi abs because I couldn't figure out how to defeat and let an enemy dissapear after 2 hits. I tried it with the "e" in the string but then it's 1 hit, and I've tried it with self switches but no luck there either. So it would be great if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance!

Comeget007

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Galv, thank you for an amazing plugin! I'm making a shoot'em'up element for my game in style of True Lies. I'm trying to make enemies leave their dead bodies on the map, but they keep disappearing once the player bullet hits them. I tried to erase "e" from premades and tried including "|s(A : on)" (edited since it turns into a smiley face when I post) command to activate the self switch, even tried various ones like B, C etc, but it still doesn't work. Enemies just disappear when hit. Also, is it possible to edit the starting point for enemy projectiles? I tried <projY: > note like in your sample game, doesn't work either. It looks like enemies are shooting from their legs (I'm using bigger sprites).

Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong? May be it's a bug or something? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Comeget007 Just a heads up for the future, in order to prevent code turning into smileys, click on the 'Insert' icon at the top of the reply box, select 'Code' and put it in there.

roguewolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. This plugin seems great Galv! I'm basically just starting out with RPG Maker and i really want to use this in my project, but i don't know how to use it properly, so i'm asking if someone could upload a simple demo of this plugin, for the noobs like me to use and learn from it, what i need is a simple shoot'em up scene with this plugin, it could be just a scene where the player shoots different projectiles at different enemies, and when projectiles hits the player/mosters they loose health. I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm shooting a projectile to hit an enemy and have a sound effect and blood animation play when it hits. My problem is I want the projectile I'm shooting to hit a region (such as wall) as well, but it's awkward to shoot a wall and see the same blood animation and sound effect. Is there anyway I can have the projectile hit the region without playing sfx / showing animation?

Skraby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does anyone know why this isn't working?
Galv.PROJ.dir(1,0,1,10,'batpro1',1,'c(3)|e',[],[],3,1);
I've tried using it in both script and plugin command
when the code reaches this point, nothing happens. It's almost like it's being skipped.

SoulSpark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I hit an enemy and make it so it triggers a common event, it triggers the common event the first time around but then consecutive further hits does not work.
My plan was that when I hit the enemy a health variable decreases (by use of a common event) and then when the variable hits zero the attack then annihilates the enemy.
So I hit the first time and the health variable drops but then I hit again and nothing happens.
Is there a way to make it so every time the event/enemy is hit the trigger common event command works each time?

Last edited:

Hillarien

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey! Thanks for plugin, it's been working great so far, no issures at all. I have one question though: Is that possible to setup the "z" value in such way so that projectile would hit both "below the caracter" and "same as character" zone?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hillarien
No. You'll have to alter the code of the plugin to do this. I had to do something similar to this in my game Eremiel to get the ghosts to work. They're set to Above so that they can fly through walls and structures so I had to make the hero's blasts be able to hit them. There's a function called something like isSameLevel that checks for this. Add in || level = id of level corresponding to Below. If you need to know exactly where to find it, download the source to my project and run my version of Galvs plugin against an untouched one in a text compare to see where I made the modification and that should show you pretty much what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's dawn at my place and I'm still working with RPG Maker :/
Making a Harry Potter related game guys LOL!
Aqua transforms into a cat! NyaNya~! :LZSproud:

Actor2_3 added!

This wild baby deer is officially spoiled~ :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WayneLer