Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to do a workaround without altering the plugin, you can always make those monsters into two events - one invisible one that does all the monster stuff (and can be hurt), and a visible one that does nothing, but follows the invisible one around on a higher layer.

Hillarien

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Hillarien
No. You'll have to alter the code of the plugin to do this. I had to do something similar to this in my game Eremiel to get the ghosts to work. They're set to Above so that they can fly through walls and structures so I had to make the hero's blasts be able to hit them. There's a function called something like isSameLevel that checks for this. Add in || level = id of level corresponding to Below. If you need to know exactly where to find it, download the source to my project and run my version of Galvs plugin against an untouched one in a text compare to see where I made the modification and that should show you pretty much what to do.
Thanks, I will try that!
@Restart More like it is about single projectle to be able to do different things, so event workaround won't work most likely, from what i was thinking at least.
Edit: That worked! I see that you made made every projectile to hit every level, i made it so instead it hit every level if Z value is exactly 7 xD

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hillarien
Awesome! I must have just said "heck with it" and made it hit every level instead. Glad this worked for you.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Perfect for my zombie survival game where the player has a gun he shoots zombies with
xD
thumbs up

SoulSpark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make it fire in the mouse direction without having to click the mouse button first?

Last edited:

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map Projectiles - Version 1.7
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Make puzzles, traps or whatever with projectiles.

Screenshot

Features
Create projectiles that can interact with player and events using script calls.
These projectiles can be fired from the player or an event and set to shoot in a direction or at a target. Settings can be used to control which projectiles will hit or run an action on other events, which terrain tag or region id tiles block them, different actions they will do when then hit the player or an event and more.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MapProjectiles.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works
- Uses pictures from /img/pictures/ folder

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2017-07-18 - Version 1.7 - added size setting to projectiles to mimic larger hitboxes
2017-04-20 - Version 1.6 - fixed angle of fire when using yoffset and targeting characters
2017-02-09 - Version 1.5 - fixed a bug stopping effects on the player
2017-01-25 - Version 1.4 - added ability to specify a list of projectile ids on on an event which will activate the event actions.
2016-11-09 - Version 1.3 - added animated projectiles, changed hit detection for events to their real x,y instead of their tile x,y, added shooting to mouse location, added fadeout when projectiles reach their max range.
2016-10-31 - Version 1.2 - fixed a crash if an event has no active event page
2016-09-25 - Version 1.1 - fixed a bug with the normal Switch changes
2016-09-14 - Version 1.0 - Release
Hey Galv, love your Map Projectiles, Really happy with how it's performing! Do you know if it's possible to have projectiles collide with each other and destroy? I want to be able to shoot them as they come at the player. Thanks for all your hard work!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unfortunately I don't believe I coded collision with other projectiles, sorry.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I don't believe I coded collision with other projectiles, sorry.
No worries, if I were more savvy I'd take a stab at figuring it out, but thanks regardless, it's a great plugin!

Jufry_A

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this Script Call:
Code:
Galv.PROJ.atTarget(0,11,5,4,'orb',1,'|s(A:on)',[9],[],3,7,60);
and its not work. What is the problem?

But its work with premade, not with script call.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use this Script Call:
Code:
and its not work. What is the problem?

But its work with premade, not with script call.
Read the plugin notes, you have to have <projEffect> for it to affect your events.

Jufry_A

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Read the plugin notes, you have to have <projEffect> for it to affect your events.
its for target events. not for start events.
The start event does not do anything when I call the script above from the event.
Code:

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its for target events. not for start events.
The start event does not do anything when I call the script above from the event.
Code:
I'll check next time I'm on my pc. You have your file name and location correct?

Jufry_A

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check next time I'm on my PC. You have your file name and location correct?
FIX, You are right PKirkby.
just add any event comment code to event page, although a start event.
I think that comment code is just for target events only.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FIX, You are right PKirkby.
just add any event comment code to event page, although a start event.
I think that comment code is just for target events only.
Oh good, glad you got it. It's a great plugin, I'm using it for action RPG elements.

Last edited:

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have another question about your plugin. Can I set it so projectiles still hit an event, and keep going through them? So it doesn't destroy the projectile, but continues to affect events? Thanks again

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't believe I thought of that when coding it, sorry.
But generally if it doesn't say how to do it in the plugin description then it wasn't coded to do that.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But generally if it doesn't say how to do it in the plugin description then it wasn't coded to do that.
Ok, I'll figure something out, thanks!

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I hope I'm not annoying you. I have at least one more question, it's about showing an animated picture. When I put 'bullet1(8,5)' for example, it shows an error message. I've checked all spelling for the file, and have use an animation template to make sure my frames and whatnot should be the right size. Any thoughts? I know it's probably been a while since you've written this plugin, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Where did you put 'bullet1(8,5)'?
Is there an image in your projects /img/pictures/ folder with that same filename?
What was the error message?
When did the error message appear?

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you put 'bullet1(8,5)'?
Is there an image in your projects /img/pictures/ folder with that same filename?
What was the error message?
When did the error message appear?
I'll get you the error, I do have the file in there, and a regular image works, but as soon as I put the frames in there it doesn't work. The error comes up as soon as the projectile is to be fired.

Edit: That error message says "Failed to load: img/pictures/grenadeAnim(8%2C5).png"
Looks like it's reading the frames as part of the filename for some reason. And here's my plugin command:

Galv.PROJ.atTarget(001,-1,5,9,'grenadeAnim(8,5)',183,'c(19)',[],[],3,2);

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CyberRPG