- Oct 1, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Message Background - Version 1.8
RPG Maker MV Plugin
My second plugin in my quest to port my Ace scripts to MV plugins to make messages prettier. I encourage people to make their own nice designs, the one in the demo isn't very fancy.
Display an image behind "Show Message" windows instead of the normal windowskin. These images react to the Show Message settings such as 'Dim', 'Transparent' and positioning.
- A variable can be used to change the image during game
- A switch can be used to disable the image and revert to normal windowskin messages
How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MessageBackground.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Copy the image "msgimg_0.png" and "msgimg_1.png" (from either plugin or demo download) into your project's /img/system/ folder (to use as guides for making your own).
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Change the switch/variable settings as required (make sure to label the switch/variables you use in your game so you don't use them for something else)
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.
Get it here
Credit and Thanks
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
2017-01-22 - Version 1.8 - made compatible with default startZoom function
2016-11-13 - Version 1.7 - fix for if a game ends while a message is open
2016-09-16 - Version 1.6 - made objects available publicly
2016-05-04 - Version 1.5 - fix an issue that kept dim window showing
2016-04-02 - Version 1.4 - Compatibility changes so it works with Galv's Message Styles plugin properly.
2015-10-30 - Version 1.3 - Removed accidental code + compatiblity change
2015-10-27 - Version 1.2 - Fixed a bug with showing behind pictures
2015-10-26 - Version 1.1 - Fixed a bug in variable setting
2015-10-25 - Version 1.0 - Release
Last edited by a moderator: