Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Message Busts
RPG Maker MZ Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Bust images over message boxes.

Features
This plugin can show a bust image based on the face image that was chosen in a ‘Show Text’ event command. Settings are included to choose where busts will display (busts can be set to show over, under or above the text box.). Plugin commands allow you to move the bust right/left, mirror it or disable it to show face graphics.
The bust image displayed can also be changed during a message using a text command.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MessageBustsMZ.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.
- Find or create some bust images to use in your project

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MZ project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
:)

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv What about the name box? Can they be adjusted?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
@Galv how about option to make the bust is separate outside the text box (the text box resized). it will look neater. something like this:
Untitled-1.jpg

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the script!
@Galv
I haven't understood exactly where and how you put the plugin command to change the bust to the right side or mirror it.

edit: I'm an idiot. I found it..

One thing I noticed, but I don't know if it is intended or not, but when I set the busts to appear at the bottom of the screen, it seems to me they are positioned at the bottom of the message window. But not exactly at the bottom of the screen? I have a visible gap between the bust and the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Galv What about the name box? Can they be adjusted?
I hadn't touched the namebox. I will look into that.

@Galv how about option to make the bust is separate outside the text box (the text box resized). it will look neater. something like this:
That's a good idea, I will put that on my wishlist as well.

Thank you for the script!
@Galv
I haven't understood exactly where and how you put the plugin command to change the bust to the right side or mirror it.

edit: I'm an idiot. I found it..

One thing I noticed, but I don't know if it is intended or not, but when I set the busts to appear at the bottom of the screen, it seems to me they are positioned at the bottom of the message window. But not exactly at the bottom of the screen? I have a visible gap between the bust and the bottom of the screen.
It was an unfortunately consequence of porting my MV version to MZ, as it MZ appears to have that gap around the message. I will put that on my list to solve as well.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for considering. It is not that important. I'm glad you ported it at all.

I'm happy to report that the busts work nicely with Visustellas MessageCore:

bust_example.png

This is with just 3 rows of text, I made the default busts smaller and I always put a space at the start of every row so the text isn't as close to the left border of the window (haven't figured out a better way to do it).
You can really achieve some beautiful effects with your script @Galv :LZSsmile:

so1us

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Galv, thanks for porting this plugin over it looks great. One less reason to hold over from getting MZ. Realize this may be a big ask, but is there any way to introduce basic animations to these busts? Such as blinking and talking sprites?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, I won't be implementing any blinking/talking animations to the busts in this plugin (anytime soon at least).

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great job, @Galv! I was waiting for this because positioning busts manually is a pain in the arse. Thank you. :)

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv I suppose you can only put one bust at a time like the mv version?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Correct, yes - this plugin works by replacing the face graphic with a bust and you can only put in one face graphic into a Show Message box.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been waiting for this!!!!!

Thank you soooo much, it looks great and I'm glad it only needs inconsequential user-end tweaks to work with VS plugins. It's always a hassle trying to get different plugins to work together.

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With no other plugins enabled, I am getting an error when I disable the bust through a plugin command

Attachments

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for letting me know, I see the error and should be fixed if you download v.1.1.

so1us

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry, I won't be implementing any blinking/talking animations to the busts in this plugin (anytime soon at least).
That's too bad, but thanks for the brilliant plugin anywhere. Would it be OK if I requested or paid someone to modify the code to potentially add animations? Not sure if it's going to be impossible or too difficult.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That would be fine, you can do that.

so1us

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks! Hopefully will be able to find it possible.

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Love your plug in! I was just wondering if there is a way to include an option to shift the bust over to the left or right using an offset of our choosing? I'm using the Visutella Message plug in to shorten my text box (in order to center it) and as a result, my bust is appearing closer to the middle of screen. Here's an example of what I mean.

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've updated to version 1.2 - added bust X and Y offsets to plugin settings and fixed a potential error in the text code when changing busts mid-message and using other text codes.

Let me know if any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123