First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Message Busts - Version 2.7
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
A port of my Ace version to work a similar way to show busts.

Screenshot

Features
Display a bust image instead of the face chosen in the "Show Text" event command.

Settings allow you to choose the bust location:
- appear above message box or bottom of screen
- appear in front or behind message box
- text indent size for busts appearing in front of window

Plugin call allows to change bust display to:
- appear on left or right
- appear mirrored
- disable busts and show faces as normal

Other stuff
- escape code to change bust mid message
- 'member' face set, to show face/bust of member 1-8 in the party.
- 'leader' face set, to show a certain position in the leader's faceset (useful for emotions in the leader's talking no matter who the leader is).
- The above works for faces in messages as well as busts as they are based off of the faces.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_MessageBusts.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Put busts into your /img/pictures/ folder and name them accordingly (refer to help file and demo)
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2017-08-21 - Version 2.7 - Fixed y offset mistake I left in there
2016-10-04 - Version 2.6 - Made bust disable and position settings save when saving the game
2016-08-20 - Version 2.5 - Made bust sprite object public
2016-08-10 - Version 2.4 - Fixed crash with MV 1.3 update
2016-04-27 - Version 2.3 - Fixed a deployment bug relating to case of face names
2016-04-22 - Version 2.2 - Fixed a bug I caused in last update.
2016-04-22 - Version 2.1 - Fixed issue with turning busts on/off during conversation
2016-04-02 - Version 2.0 - compatibility with my Message Styles plugin
2015-12-16 - Version 1.7 - fixed text code to change bust mid message (the actor number went to wrong face), fixed mid message changing of bust flicker
2015-11-05 - Version 1.5 - Added ability to use a certain faceset to display face/bust depending on party leader or member position.
2015-11-02 - Version 1.4 - Added escape codes to change bust mid-message
2015-11-01 - Version 1.3 - Bug fixes
2015-11-01 - Version 1.0 - Release

Last edited:

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yay! *dance* Thanks for making it MV compatible, Galv.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
damn galv I was coding the message bust xD when you got to much faster o3o~ well  I will still code it since mine offer different options than yours 

but it's pretty much works the same's as your with faceindex and facefilename I find so much convenient to have it this ways it's avoid the people to have to format the bust in a specific ways (likes modern algebra)

http://i.imgur.com/lmze1Pu.png

though I will handle extra feature I will not tell you right now because SURPRISE O3O~

Last edited by a moderator:

Karberus

The other Victor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Nice! Thank you for this. I also was "coding" a message bust plugin. But of course, I have little idea of what I was doing so I'm glad someone did it xD

Still, I'll look over your code and see if I can learn a few things.

Thanks again! :D

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, nice!

Is it possible to change the expression like in more escape codes while text? So basically would a bustset also work? 

Luiiferu

Flying kiwi
Reaction score
First Language
Sumerian
Now I can die in peace... :)

damn galv I was coding the message bust xD when you got to much faster o3o~ well  I will still code it since mine offer different options than yours 

but it's pretty much works the same's as your with faceindex and facefilename I find so much convenient to have it this ways it's avoid the people to have to format the bust in a specific ways (likes modern algebra)

http://i.imgur.com/lmze1Pu.png

though I will handle extra feature I will not tell you right now because SURPRISE O3O~
Blinking and talking, perhaps?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to change the expression like in more escape codes while text? So basically would a bustset also work?
That's a good idea (with the escape codes), I will look into that later.
Bust filenames must be separate images and named in a specific way according to face used.

thespartanshow

Villager
Reaction score
How do I get it to overlay the message board like in the demo? 

I have answered my own question.. for those of you wondering just go into your GALV_MessageBusts Plugin settings and set it accordingly.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes! Was waiting for this to get ported! :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As requested, I added escape code to change bust mid-message. There may be a chance that slower computers have a noticeable lag when loading new busts for the first time into cache - but functionality is there. Let me know if any issues.

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the new update!

I've tried to "emulate" this by using auto skipping a dialog to another similar dialog with a different bust but it wasn't working well.

This helps a LOT!

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks very much for this! I thought I had thanked you before but I guess I didn't!

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gggaaalllvvvvv

Sankyu...

Thank you for porting it to MV :3

Snuffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've noticed on older RPG Makers, the BUST script allowed the image to slide in from the side, is this a possible future feature, rather than the quick fade effect?  Awesome plugin regardless, it really adds greatly to the personal customization of the engine.  Thank you.

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is amazing! Thank you SO much for this. Downloading it now :D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've noticed on older RPG Makers, the BUST script allowed the image to slide in from the side, is this a possible future feature, rather than the quick fade effect?  Awesome plugin regardless, it really adds greatly to the personal customization of the engine.  Thank you.
Definitely, I will add it to my to-do list :)

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Feature request: A lot of people want to make games where the player can select a character, but that makes faces/busts really difficult. What if you added a param so we could select a variable (or actor name might be better) that gets set to the bust we want to use. That param would override the face that we select in the text event.

So instead of selecting "Actor1" in the event face, I would use a generic "MainCharacter1" file that just has "happy/sad/angry/etc." Those would then match up to the multiple characters I have available as busts, so the player could select whomever they want and it would show up--if they selected "Troy" it would show Troy-happy, if they selected "Donna" it would be Donna-happy, etc. So I could still choose the expression in the text face, but it would get swapped for the proper character.

Does that make sense? Or do you have another idea for how that could be done?

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Feature request: A lot of people want to make games where the player can select a character, but that makes faces/busts really difficult. What if you added a param so we could select a variable (or actor name might be better) that gets set to the bust we want to use. That param would override the face that we select in the text event.

So instead of selecting "Actor1" in the event face, I would use a generic "MainCharacter1" file that just has "happy/sad/angry/etc." Those would then match up to the multiple characters I have available as busts, so the player could select whomever they want and it would show up--if they selected "Troy" it would show Troy-happy, if they selected "Donna" it would be Donna-happy, etc. So I could still choose the expression in the text face, but it would get swapped for the proper character.

Does that make sense? Or do you have another idea for how that could be done?
I have similar request, but mine is more simple. Instead of using picture folder and individual image, how about we use usual face folder and we can use usual format for faceset, but we can use whatever size we want, like character sprite or actor SV battler (idk why it can't be done by default in the first place). Maybe make it as add-on or something.

For example, this is one of my bust pic:

So we can just use usual show text event and make more big faceset rather than making individual big picture on picture folder (I also like to make a lot of picture as cutscene, so it can be really messy in picture folder if I add bust pictures there.

Sorry for my english if my explanation is confusing ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth