DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the best plugin ever made! glad to see it is available for MZ now.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This is great, thanks so much for doing this!
But I don't find the option where I can change the windowskin. Only the windowarrow.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you are using the plugin command, the 'Pop Window Style' has settings to change both the windowskin and the window arrow.

If you're doing it within a message, you can use:
\pop[targetid,yoffset,windowskinfile,windowarrowfile]

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to version 1.6 - added compatibility with my Cam Control plugin's zoom functionality.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Galv

It's bugged. All of my message boxes use the same format, and yet after some input, it breaks. The \pop command no longer works for a few messages.

I've uploaded a video demonstrating it.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Galv

It's bugged. All of my message boxes use the same format, and yet after some input, it breaks. The \pop command no longer works for a few messages.

I've uploaded a video demonstrating it.

The boxes that are broken are the ones that contain a \n commands. But the \v command works.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have tested this in my demo project but cannot replicate. I have a feeling it might be a plugin conflict. If you can replicate the issue in a new project, please let me know how. Else you might need to do tests to see which other plugin is conflicting.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have tested this in my demo project but cannot replicate. I have a feeling it might be a plugin conflict. If you can replicate the issue in a new project, please let me know how. Else you might need to do tests to see which other plugin is conflicting.

The only other plugin I'm using is ocrams time and weather.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please make sure you have the latest plugin version.
If it still happens in your project, please test in a new project.
If it still happens, please screenshot your event setup window.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Galv. I have a question (probably dumb).
What if I change the resolution of the game? How do I align the message arrow on the top of the event?
It doesn't seem to align properly at my resolution (1104x624).
Thanks in advance.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Still doing it in new project with just your plugin. Only on the line where the \n[1] is called in the message box.

Here's the event setup.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Galv. I have a question (probably dumb).
What if I change the resolution of the game? How do I align the message arrow on the top of the event?
It doesn't seem to align properly at my resolution (1104x624).
Thanks in advance.
Huh, you are right - that's odd. Thanks for letting me know, I will investigate why that is happening.

Still doing it in new project with just your plugin. Only on the line where the \n[1] is called in the message box.
I still cannot replicate this issue. If you are sure you have the latest plugin version, are you able to upload the fresh project it is happening in so I can take a look?

EDIT: The positioning of the windows is off when using a different screen size to the UI area size.
This will be fixed in an update soon!

Last edited:

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ye
Huh, you are right - that's odd. Thanks for letting me know, I will investigate why that is happening.

I still cannot replicate this issue. If you are sure you have the latest plugin version, are you able to upload the fresh project it is happening in so I can take a look?

EDIT: The positioning of the windows is off when using a different screen size to the UI area size.
This will be fixed in an update soon!

So my custom resolution is breaking the \n command in \pop?

My resolution is set to 1280*720 for both.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So my custom resolution is breaking the \n command in \pop?

My resolution is set to 1280*720 for both.
No, sorry - that was an unrelated issue.
I still cannot replicate the \n issue not working.
It would be very helpful if I could see the project you created that has the issue. That way I can investigate why it would be happening.

This plugin has been updated to 1.7 to fix the resolution being different to the ui size issue.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for this - I notice that it happens when the \n[x] is on the first line and comes after the \pop[x].
For a quick fix for now, put the \pop command at the end of the first line as that appears to work.

I will investigate why this happens when I am able.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for this - I notice that it happens when the \n[x] is on the first line and comes after the \pop[x].
For a quick fix for now, put the \pop command at the end of the first line as that appears to work.

I will investigate why this happens when I am able.

Ahh thank you! That does work.

I usually put my message format coding at the beginning of my lines so I didn't think about trying it at the end. I didn't really think it mattered. But thank you for investigating the issue for me.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahh thank you! That does work.

I usually put my message format coding at the beginning of my lines so I didn't think about trying it at the end. I didn't really think it mattered. But thank you for investigating the issue for me.
It was just a bug on my part - I have fixed it now in version 1.8 - should be able to put it anywhere on the first line now.

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you add a format code that center aligns the text in the default message box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123