Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It only auto changes position if the message box would leave the screen. I won't be making any more updates to this, sorry.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game gives "Can't load Gamefont" error when I try and use this.

EDIT: It is not compatible with Yanfly's load custom fonts.

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get how we make it target events based on their ID, but is there a way to make it target the player character?

I'm trying to use it for cutscenes. Th workaround is to have it so the player is hidden and an event NPC stands in for him until the end of the cutscene, at which point I could swap out the stand in event for the player.

But it'd be nice to just be able to target the player.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
-1 to target the player

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-1 to target the player

Cheers, mate. That worked perfectly.

Got one other question, but I think this might not be something that can be done with your plugin.

I'm trying to make dialogue choices look good. In the following images you can see how it is at the moment. The first image shows your plugin in action. The second image shows how reply choices are shown. The problem is I have to have the player say something before they choose an option, otherwise, the options would just just appear under the popup box in the first image.

I tried leaving the dialogue box blank for the player and setting it to transparent, thinking it might not show at all and just leave the options, but that leaves a big space where the dialogue box would be and you can still see a bit of the arrow indicator at the bottom.

Do you have any ideas how I could make that work better?

1.JPG
2.JPG

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately I didn't take that into account. Would need to modify the plugin to fix but I don't have time these days, sorry.

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I didn't take that into account. Would need to modify the plugin to fix but I don't have time these days, sorry.

No worries. I'll figure something out for the reply choices. Thanks for making the plugin.

ramedina1234

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice plugin. The only problem is when zooming.

Leveler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. Thanks for this great plugin. There was such a problem: I use the enlarged characters of the game (not standard) - as a result, the dialog box is on the character, not over his head. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try changing the 'Y Offset' setting in the plugin settings to a higher number.

Leveler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANK YOU! That helped : Kaoluv:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Leveler Your post came through in Greek. Please remember to translate your replies into English as this is an English language site.

Leveler

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leveler Your post came through in Greek. Please remember to translate your replies into English as this is an English language site.

Ahah, it is Russian. Sorry. The fact is that I used the function "translate the site" - as a result, the words were automatically preserved in Russian when I edited a comment.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, I've been looking for a plugin like this!

Halcy0n

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I'm only using YEP Message Core and this plugin, as far as message-centric plugins go, and I keep running into the issue of some text being cut off, or getting a totally blank message box before the text comes up. Both plugins are on the most current version. Anyone have an idea what the fix might be?

EDIT: Biud's "Center Text" plugin fixed the problem!

Last edited:

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, i have a issue with the "Message Padding" function.

In my case i wanted to use the default textbox aswell, but the padding function override all basic settings. It's possible that the padding function only change it for the speech bubble if use "\pop[x]" and not override the basic settings?

Because for the default textbox i need a another padding setting as the speech bubble and opposite.
Maybe someone knows a way or Galv could you to implement it please?

Edit: Nevermind, already done.

Last edited:

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,
thanks for the great plugin. A short question: I can not figure out how to use line breaks. My text is always displayed as one long line of text that in the end breaks through the screen if it is too long.

LadyAdiraa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit: Ignore this Post!

I figured it out myself twenty years later lol! The issue was my own mistake! It's all fixed now, much love to you Galv, sorry for wasting your time!

Hi Galv! First off thank you so much for making and sharing this! I've run into a bit of an issue though. I notice that when I use this plugin to show a text box, and then go to another event that shows choices, even though they are set to middle, suddenly they are at the bottom of the screen.

But if I go and active a regular text box without using your \pop then if I go back to the show choice it ends up working. I'll add in screenshots to show you better what I'm talking about.

19454d40f68403d01880a950c3d0d48c44a8f70a.gifv

I've attached the events if that helps! The 'Regular Text Box' just has that message in it. Gosh, I hope I explained/showed everything all right!

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic2.png
    Pic2.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

EGARPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Castellano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing!, Great work!

Last edited:

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this plugin, thank you for it :)
Just one question, I can't get it to work with Iavra Localization Plugin. Is there any way? Am I just too stupid?
Would love to combine those two!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake