Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've keep getting this error for some reason

• I've check to see if the script call was right
  • I copied stuff from the demo
  • I've removedthe scrip and put it back.

and still encountered the same problem

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The script works fine for me. Set it up and tested in 2 minutes.
What are the script calls you are using?

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I first used it, I copied an event from a demo and used
"c_status("For Charity",4,-2,1,0)
open_container("Basket")"
and when that didn't work I used
"open_container("name")"

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you please provide a link to the script?

Have you inserted the script into the correct place in the script list?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*EDIT never mind

I tried your script call. Works fine.

An error in the copy paste of the script?
Line 229 for me is def check_storage_exists

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If that really is exactly how you have it set up, it could be having issues with using double quotes inside double quotes.

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's what I put in

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes that is good. Must be a copy paste error with the script.

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure what to do, do I re-copy the script or something or...

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Somehow I got 1092. Anyways i still somehow get the same issue

Edit: Okay so I did a test on a new game and it works fine. it now means that there is something wrong woth my game.

Edit:
Found the problem, It was Khas Awsome Lighting effect the whole time!
BUt i don't know how the two conflict each other to have Galv's script not work though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was Khas Awsome Lighting effect
This script does not give me any errors. and if you copy galv's script correctly it is 1096 lines. it shows it right on the web site.

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This script does not give me any errors. and if you copy galv's script correctly it is 1096 lines. it shows it right on the web site.
I did a test again and removed Prof. Meow's Chapter selection and now it's working. So maybe it was that. So it wasn't Khas Awsome Lights.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Meow's Chapter selection
Again, no problem. Meow Face chapter selection.
Do you want to send me a private message with a link to a demo of your project so I can diagnose the issue?

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You seem to be having a lot of issues that pop up randomly, then just as randomly disappear, only to be replaced by someone else. I suggest you take up @Roninator2's offer to take a look at your game, because it sounds like it's not going to be the end of your problems until someone takes a good look at your script setup.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried playing it for a bit, but you did not have the meow face chapter selection script in the demo. So I don't know how it's supposed to work for your game. Beside that I could not find any serious issues other than I had no idea how to play your game. It started me off in a jail and no matter what I did I could not get out unless I used the ctrl key. Then going to the next map had a graphical bug with the overlay not covering the entire screen. Going into the next room and exiting suddenly made the screen tint and the khas lightning effect was then seen.
I would appreciate if it was more clean to play then it would be easier to fault find.

Beside all that, there wasn't really any issues, unless you want to have the chapter selection in. (which took me to a different map cause it's the script defaults settings, and that map was way messed up with the events).

Swafer

Gremlin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried playing it for a bit, but you did not have the meow face chapter selection script in the demo. So I don't know how it's supposed to work for your game. Beside that I could not find any serious issues other than I had no idea how to play your game. It started me off in a jail and no matter what I did I could not get out unless I used the ctrl key. Then going to the next map had a graphical bug with the overlay not covering the entire screen. Going into the next room and exiting suddenly made the screen tint and the khas lightning effect was then seen.
I would appreciate if it was more clean to play then it would be easier to fault find.

Beside all that, there wasn't really any issues, unless you want to have the chapter selection in. (which took me to a different map cause it's the script defaults settings, and that map was way messed up with the events).
Thanks for trying out my game.
I original was going to use the chapter selection script because I though my story was going to be chapter based, but since the story had changed alot i was mainly using it as a easy way to go into test maps. It probably might be something like an 'after game completion' type of mechanic. though things can change in the future so it's not a gurantee.

As for the gameplay, the game is not finished, so that's why you can't leave the cell yet. but I didn't know you can escape thought pressing the control key so I might have to find a way to fix that later.

Once again, thanks for your help and thanks trying out my game.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
to fix that later.
It's not a bug. It a debug feature with the editor.
When you have the editor open and click play, you are running in debug mode. (you can have a console window show up - useful if you have back trace scripts). While playing you can hold the ctrl key and walk anywhere. it sets @through to on while the key is pressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhlijem