First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

New Game Plus - Version 1.0
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
I know there are other plugins for this, but this might work a little different from them. I create plugins from scratch to help me learn new things.

Screenshot

Features
Adds a New Game+ feature to allow the player to start a new game that uses specified data (such as gold, items, variables, switches, actors, etc.) from a save file.
After the player encounters where you placed the activate code and then saves the game, the New Game+ option will be added to the title menu.
– The player can only start a new game using a save file that has had it activated during the game.
– Settings include lists of items, switches, variables, actors, etc. that allow you to control what data is and is not transferred over when starting a new game plus.
– The number of playthroughs is recorded to use if required during game.

Added: Ability to specify different windowskin for each message popup and ability to target actors that are following in the battle party.
Added: arrow pointing to target character, options for when using custom windowskin, faces and position settings now ork.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_NewGamePlus.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates

2016-06-26 - Version 1.0 - Release

Macbeth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
useful as always, Galv :)  also Pirate Rush inspired me to learn Photoshop and Parallax Mapping XD i owe you one mate

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, I love this plugin, I was just wondering if there happens to be a way to write a variable range to the carried over variable section of the plugin parameters? I have a couple hundred variables to have carried over so I was really hoping this was possible, something like Variables: 23 - 270, or 23 to 270. I couldn't find any info on this so thought I would try asking here.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes you can, the information can be found in the plugin help text.

* Example Variable List:
* 34,56,90 // a list of 3 variables
* 1-20,60-80 // a list of variables between ranges 1-20 and 60-80
* 1-20,60-80,56,90 // a list of variables between ranges plus 2 variables

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bah I completely missed that somehow sorry about that but thank you.:smile: You're the man Galv, keep up the great work

MadMaurix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i have a 2019 question, it is posible activate the new game plus and load it from a custom menu? I,m using HIME Pre Title Events. Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seogenics