Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Please provide a screenshot of the error as well as a screenshot of the console when the crash happens (press F8 to bring up the console).

I don't know where you read "QJ error.JPG" but that isn't how errors usually appear. Also, RPG Maker only supports .png files, not jpg's.

Kartz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please provide a screenshot of the error as well as a screenshot of the console when the crash happens (press F8 to bring up the console).

I don't know where you read "QJ error.JPG" but that isn't how errors usually appear. Also, RPG Maker only supports .png files, not jpg's.
I combined two of them into a single screenshot for convenience, if you need separate full-size pictures - here they are. The screenshots are in jpg format because it's the default for my screen capture software. I don't intend to use them anywhere in the game itself, just to demonstrate the issue.

Rpgmaker screen.JPG
Rpgmaker screen + console.JPG

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make sure you start a new test game after adding the plugin. My guess is that you're loading a save file that was saved prior to adding it.

Kartz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you start a new test game after adding the plugin. My guess is that you're loading a save file that was saved prior to adding it.
Yeah, with the new game it's working alright. Is it hopeless for the old saves tho? No way to adapt them?

I feel very stupid, but just to be sure - Can I add more quests to the txt in data folder without any troubles for the plugin's logic after installing it? Or I must prepare it beforehand and txt file must stay the same across all versions and releases?

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You should be able to add new quests to the text file as you go (you can test it out to see if that works to make sure).

But no, you can't load save files made before installing the plugin as it creates required data on new game. Previously saved game files do not have that new data.

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Galv,
it's me again. Is it possible to scroll down in the quest's text? My descriptions for the main quests tend to be quite long so that the objectives get cut off :(

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I did not implement scrolling functionality in this plugin.

shindow

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi Galv,
I'm using a script (NonCombat Menu MV) that requires a plug in call to open the plugin from the menu.
I tried Scene_QuestLog and commandQuestLog but neither worked. All I can find is a script call in your plugin. Did I miss the plugin command somewhere?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is Galv.QUEST.viewLog(); What you are looking for by chance? That goes in a script box to open the window. You probably already tried that but just in case it's info is in the help section of the plugin.

shindow

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I did try that, but its a script call and I need a plugin command. I worked around it by putting that script call into a common event instead. Not perfect, but gets the job done.

NicoLican

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question:
Can you put rewards and give it to you automatically or do I have to put it manually?o_O

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hello

I tried to look around but could not find any answer, but is it possible to hide "objectives" in a quest by default?
Right now if i want them to be hidden i need to manually put in the script after gaining the quest and as i add more objectives i also need to edit the event that give the quest.

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The text of the objective setting does not fit on one line. Is there anything you can do about this?
Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.04 - 11.27.29.02.png

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Leprikon01 Your image is not showing. Could you please edit your post and reupload it.
Thanks.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I likely didn't code it to look for multiple lines in the objective list, sorry.

Al-Farizi

Lv 87 Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I

Quest Log - Version 1.3
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Another quest log plugin to give you guys more options (and because I wanted my own)

Screenshot

Features
Create quests with objectives and display each as complete or failed as the quest goes on. Quest details are stored in a .txt file within your project.
Sort quests into categories that can be expanded/hidden by the player as desired.
Use script calls to check results of quests and objectives to potentially save on switches/variables.
Player can track a quest, making it appear in the quest log when no other quest is selected to quickly reference it during game.
Quest update notification can be done manually or automatically if using Galv’s Timed Message Popups (included in demo as example).

How to Use
- Copy the "Galv_QuestLog.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2017-07-24 - Version 1.3 - added ability to remove failed quest category from the quest log.
2017-02-01 - Version 1.2 - Added ability to hide/remove quest categories during game
2016-12-12 - Version 1.1 - added plugin setting to choose which character to use for separating resolutions/objectives in the .txt file
2016-11-10 - Version 1.0 - Release
Is this work for android?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rafane