Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi all,

I'm running into this problem with Galv's Region Effects script:  >_>

The footprints/water splash/grass moves do not disappear on it's own, and their animation doesn't appear.  :headshake:

The direction of the footprints is always the same as well, no matter to which direction I walk.  :headshake:

Ideas?  :distrust:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a link to the script, otherwise we can't help you.

Have you checked if there is a configuration required by that script, and if you have followed its instructions completely?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to point to a map that has the effects first on the script. Then with the Region tool, mark the locations.

Also make sure that you change the ON/OFF switch number at the script to an other switch that you do not use (from the default settings).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I followed all instructions correctly.
Sorry, but then it should have worked ;-)
From the scripts data and your error description the most likely cause is that you forgot to turn ON the switch for the region effects, because all switches are OFF by default.

The other possibility is that the effect map had not been correctly defined, like said above.

However, I can't help you with the second option as I haven't used that script myself - but that is where I would check for problems first.

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You probably have a script that clashes with Galv's region effect. Do you use anti-lag scripts? Try switching the script order and tell us if that helps.

Deathspecter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You need to point to a map that has the effects first on the script. Then with the Region tool, mark the locations.

Also make sure that you change the ON/OFF switch number at the script to an other switch that you do not use (from the default settings).
Sorry, but then it should have worked ;-)

From the scripts data and your error description the most likely cause is that you forgot to turn ON the switch for the region effects, because all switches are OFF by default.

The other possibility is that the effect map had not been correctly defined, like said above.

However, I can't help you with the second option as I haven't used that script myself - but that is where I would check for problems first.
I did point the map correctly, and I'm using the maps Galv gives in the demo. So, if it works on the Demo it has to work in my game as well.

The switch is OFF by default but the script is enabled when the switch is OFF, and disabled when the switch is ON. Otherwise, I would not see anything.

The problem is only with the animations themselves and not with the lack of them.

You probably have a script that clashes with Galv's region effect. Do you use anti-lag scripts? Try switching the script order and tell us if that helps.
I do run an anti-lag script. Will check that possibility. Thanks!

Deathspecter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The Anti-Lag script was the problem! Thank you!

DeathByGames

Swaggy Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way for there to be two animations and sounds per region? I wan't something to happen when a player is walking on a region, and a different one to happen when the player is dashing on the same region. Is there a way I can do this or..

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DeathByGames You necro posted. Threads older than 30 days require you to make your own thread. This is 2 years old.
Mods please close

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

DeathByGames, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that the website has changed a lot since I left in August last year...
One of my kitties after a long, tiring day of being adorable.
We have good wifi here now thanks to a guy who had the audacity to tell the Director "Sir, the wifi sucks. Make it faster and increase the bandwidth" in this arrogant tone. The Director is a complete sweetheart so he did just that. So you may see me around often now, being disturbing as usual.
To compensate for me feeling too sick to interact properly, have an old recording of me calming you with Zelda's Lullaby. https://vocaroo.com/jqTcbzdQTw5 :kaojoy:
Finally found someone to make battlers for me. Just wants $50 for a small one. And $75 for a big one. So who wants to help me make a GoFundMe page? Scratch that. How much can I get for a kidney on the black market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ordan