First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Roll Credits - Version 1.4
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Just a scene to give credit to those who helped make your project, but could be used for other things.

Screenshot

Features
A separate scene that can display scrolling/fading text as well as background images.
It can be run any time during game or from the title menu, taking text/data from a .txt file in your project files. Designed to be used as a simple way to display credits but could be used for other purposes.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_RollCredits.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works and an example of the required .txt file.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates
2017-06-02 - Version 1.4 - fixed broken title credits
2017-05-01 - Version 1.3 - added code to better check if txt file loaded properly before using in the credits scene.
2016-09-07 - Version 1.2 - added touch/click skipping to credit text, added music setting for title credits
2016-09-01 - Version 1.1 - force credit windows to have no windowback for when other plugins modify that for all windows
2016-07-14 - Version 1.0 - Release

Last edited:

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin! I've been looking for a good credits script for a while now.. I really didn't want to make one so.. Thank a lot!  :p

I have two questions, tho..

Could it be possible to add a BGM to the Credits Scene? 

And what is that grey-like background that follows the letters as they are scrolled? I mean, once the script starts (I used a totally black background, btw) I can clearly see a grey layer following the credits. Is it normal or perhaps a bug? If it's normal, is there any way to avoid using this?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
BGM is a good idea, I will implement that when I get time.

As for grey-like background issue - I cannot replicate this. Does it happen for you in the plugin demo? Does it happen in a fresh project?

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, your Demo does not show this bug. That got me thinking, is this plugin updated to PIXI 4.0?

Maybe that could be the problem. Not sure.

Anyway, here's a sample:

Any ideas?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, my local demo is updated to latest 1.3.1 with pixi 4. I have just tried testing creating a new project and still cannot replicate the issue.

Did it happen for you when you tested in a fresh project?

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for such a late reply. I had a busy week. lol

Anyway, I have over 200+ scripts in my project, so finding a culprit was kinda hard, but after several minutes, I did it.

The bug is caused by this script: MOG - Menu Background

Now, it essentially changes the background from many menu windows. I don't know why it would conflict with your script. Also, I kinda need it, but if I had to prioritize one of them, I'd say your script may be more important, so I could try to find a workaround for that script, but.. Could you perhaps look into it? Or, if you have any idea of what might be causing the bug, I can take a look.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Had a quick look - Mog's plugin was changing the opacity of all windows.

I updated to version 1.1 to make sure that doesn't happen for the credit windows.

EDIT: I forgot to add BMG, oops. Will add laters

Last edited by a moderator:

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it OK if I slightly modify the script to disable the "Credits" from appearing on the title screen?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can do that in the plugin settings. But yes, modify it however you like.

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fantastic! Just what I was looking for!

Would you be able to set it up so clicks and touch events will also skip the credits?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated to 1.2.

Touch/click will now skip text blocks. Also added music setting to play music when viewing credits from the title menu.

Ursa Koda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Samoan
Primarily Uses
N/A
- Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works and an example of the required .txt file.
Heya Galv, I downloaded your plugin, and I downloaded your demo of the credit. In the menu, on titlescreen, it works fine clicking credit, and then your rolling credit comes all right.

However, if i press start game and the chicken says the game is over; i get this error right away (see pic)

I have not done anything to your demo, just opened it, and started it as is. Whats wrong here?

errorgalvcreditdemo.png

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, I can't seem to replicate this. Can you please screenshot the console error when it happens for you?

Ursa Koda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Samoan
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, I can't seem to replicate this. Can you please screenshot the console error when it happens for you?
For some reason I can't replicate it myself again, with the debug window open,

you know what? I think it may be the error is on my end somehow, I did have 2 versions of RPGMaker running at the same time.

I do it now also, but the error only showed up one time when clicking the chicken. However the error occured within your demo,

but it may be some hardware related? I dont understand the meaning of the error message, so i naturally assume it has to be my fault somehow.

Or..?

Oh, ps, my wife love your credit plugin, i just showed her the plugin in use in my own game,

very beautiful. It works great for me, and since you made the credit plugin, you are the first one on the list for plugin creators,

i have a few there :D Even if i report some bug(?) doesn't mean I am not happy for your work, I truly have respect for you,

and many others in here, making plugins and tilesets and more.

Just want you to know your work is apprectiated! Let me know if I can give something back to you, besides the credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I appreciate that :)

It could still be a bug, however. So if it ever happens again, please screenshot your console so I can see the error and make sure

Ursa Koda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Samoan
Primarily Uses
N/A
I appreciate that :)

It could still be a bug, however. So if it ever happens again, please screenshot your console so I can see the error and make sure
will do! I wrote wrong by the way, i meant to say 'bla bla bug, it doesnt mean i am _not_ happy with your work'.

Pardon my pidgin! Thank God my chinese wife is learning Norwegian, has been a few battles at home due to linguistic mistakes haha.... :p

Mcwill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin doesn't seem to be compatible with SumRndmDde's Menu Backgrounds plugin - http://sumrndm.site/menu-backgrounds/

Here is the error:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'children' of undefined at Scene_Credits.Scene_MenuBase.start (/C:/Users/damid/Desktop/New%20folder/Roll%20Credits%20MV/js/plugins/SRD_MenuBackgrounds.js:931) at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1824) at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790) at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)rpg_managers.js:1756 SceneManager.catchException

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you contacted sumRndmDde and asked him about it?

Kilgarra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

I installed your plugin and tested it in the program and it worked perfectly. But when I sent the game to one of my friends, at the end when the credits should've rolled, she got this message:

What could be the problem? I can't figure it out since it worked perfectly when I tested it. And you can also click on the credits in the menu and that works too.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am not certain - I have had another person report getting the same error but I haven't been able to replicate it.
I need to be able to see the console error in order to try and work out what the cause is.

Edit: I've updated the plugin to version 1.3 with code to better check if txt file has been loaded and formatted before using in the scene. Not sure if this is the cause or not, however.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokuboter