Galv's Roll Credits

Kilgarra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so this is really weird, but I copied the save files from my testing to the folder of the deployed game and when it played that, it worked perfectly...
Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to making games, this is my first one. What is the console error? And how can I show it to you?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you ever get the crash again, press F8 to view the console. It will display error information. Screenshot that and post here.
I did an update to the plugin (version 1.3) so please download and use it from now and let me know if it ever happens for you

eyenight

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I opened your demo, but when I clicked Credits button on title menu it stuck on "Now Loading...". It's fine if I talked to the chicken though.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The latest demo? Does it happen every time or only sometimes?

eyenight

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes, the latest demo. If I click the credits button on title menu right after running it always stuck on now loading, but if I click it after watched the credits once by talking to chicken it's fine.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, it seems I broke the title menu credits and did not notice. Thanks for reporting!

EDIT: Updated to 1.4 to fix that

Last edited:

jon199021

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there Galv!

First off just wanted to say thanks for your hark work on this plugin; I am currently using it to fuel my credits needs for a PC and Mobile test project.

While everything is working perfectly for me on PC, I noticed that the credits are not being displayed correctly on Android.
The rest of my build is 100% compatible and working as intended (20+ mins of content), so I am a little confused.

It seems to try and process the credits as a large block which scrolls along the screen, thus creating a large black block which scrolls over whatever screen you are currently on. I have included a screenshot of myself attempting to launch the credits from the main menu to demonstrate what is happening, and how it doesn't load the correct credits background (example the default island asset), and instead scrolls a large black box over the current screen:

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thank you once again in advance!

jon199021

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: Upon going through some builds, I noticed that the background wasn't loading properly as the deployment option for "getting rid of un-needed files" junked them...

I manually added this back in which fixed the background not appearing issue (of course), but the text is still appearing as a large block, the same as displayed in the screenshots above.

My guess is that something else which is necessary for your plugin to run properly is getting junked by the builder... any suggestions to what files I should check for in this case? (if this is indeed the reason).

Cheers.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That large black box should just be a default rpgmaker window so I am not currently sure why that would happen. I haven't tested/deployed to mobile devices.

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin and latest MV files in your project.
You might need to test deploying the plugin demo to android to see if it happens in and if not it could be compatibility issue in your project.

jon199021

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That large black box should just be a default rpgmaker window so I am not currently sure why that would happen. I haven't tested/deployed to mobile devices.

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin and latest MV files in your project.
You might need to test deploying the plugin demo to android to see if it happens in and if not it could be compatibility issue in your project.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm very curious mainly what files your script is dependent on within the RPGMaker MV package.
I'm not too good with the actual scripting side of things but with RPGMaker I'm guessing it's just the plugin js which is needed? There's no external dependencies?

The interesting thing is that everything seems to be fine when exporting to browser (I've hosted it and been testing it for awhile already).
It must be something with how it's getting built for Android... which is bizarre since it should be fine if it's working fine with all the same files on other platforms.

Hmmm... I'll keep tinkering on my own I guess!
If you happen to have any additional thoughts or suggestions let me know :)

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The only files the plugin requires would be the windowskin, txt file and then whatever backgrounds you add for the credit scene you create.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Galv, I noticed in your demo that playing the credits via script call doesn't play the BGM (from the title it works fine.) I tried using SceneManager.push(Scene_Credits); instead, but that just causes an endless loading screen with no console errors.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Title Credits Music setting is only to select which music to play on the title screen credits.
During game you can use a play BGM event before the script call.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The clue was in the name! Sorry for being dense, and thank you! :LZScheeze:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Galv Hi galv! Thank you for this amazing script! :)

A question: There is a way to force to don't skip Credits, in another way? Example: If i set it ingame, i don't want that player can skip it and it works if i disable it in plugin configuration. BUT THEN... in the title screen, if a person click on Credits, he can't skip that either! And it's a little frustrating xD Does i miss something?

Last edited:

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I didn't add separate options for title and in-game

GigglePickle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know why, but when i launch the credit scene from main menu it gives me a 'ReferenceError - height is not defined', in the tags i have set it to 'offtop' and when i tried it with 'offbot' the menu flashes for a sec with a black background then goes back to the title screen.

<block:-1,1,10,10,offbot,center,Book> (Tag at the top of the .txt file)
</block> (Tag all the way at the bottom of the .txt file)

I also added a screen grab of my current parameters.

Is there a way for me to fix this?

Attachments

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En, De, Ru
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've actually wanted to use something like this to credit Plugin developers.
Thank you for your hard work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louxie