mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
i would say youre missing something as ive been using it since 1.3 and now im using 1.6 (yes, i havent downgraded, havent needed to) and its working perfectly for me. try and get the buttons to do something else and see if it works.

I tried with different IDs too(That one I posted was my 4th attempt or something to make it work, I copy-pasted the code directly from another event but forgot to change. Even changing it didn't make things work), triple checked image names and added it.

Also, as i said, even a direct copy of your demo settings, objects and images,etc into my project didn't work. The best I managed to do was making the button appear, but it wouldn't do anything.

Riyakou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to have encountered an issue.

I have created custom buttons, but only half the buttons' images are showing, the top half to b precise. I cannot seem to figure out what caused this, nor how to correct it. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The button is made up of normal and pressed images. It sounds like you only have a single button in your image. See the demo button graphics as an example.

mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I seem to have encountered an issue.

I have created custom buttons, but only half the buttons' images are showing, the top half to b precise. I cannot seem to figure out what caused this, nor how to correct it. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be?

I had this exact error and it took me ages to figure it out... it seems galv has set it that it must have 2 images. 1 for normal, 1 for press. all i did was create the same image size & only use half of the image area and leave the bottom half blank (or you could duplicate the image)

Garrinho

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Galv,

First, thank you to make this great work, i use several plugins that you've made, they are very useful.

Please can you tell me how i can remove some buttons? I want to remove buttons when a menu is closed, but keep the other buttons on screen.
Thank you for reply, and sorry for my english.

Mifey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Galv,
Do you know how I can remove only some specifics buttons and not all (with hide)? Thank you!

Chaoscrasher

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Galv. I'm using your plugin and first of all - thank you very much for putting so much effort into this. Now for some reason, when I add new images to /img/system/, they will not usable for a button image - the button is invisible and also will not detect a click. This even occurs (in your test project) when I just copy a button and change the name slightly - I will not get it to recognize the copy. Did this problem ever occur to you or have you heard from anyone?

EDIT: Got an answer from Galv - thank you, that fixed the problem!
"You need to add the button graphic's name to the "Precache Buttons" setting.
Note in the demo the demo buttons are added already. You'll need to add any new ones following the demo as an example using the filename (without file extension)."

Last edited:

koalamendez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! How can I add a button to simulate, for example, the Z on my keyboard?

caton

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to press two buttons at the same time without bringing up the game menu / cancel action?

For example, hold a button mapped to 'shift' together with up/down/left/right button(s) to make the player sprint.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shooleam