First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Simple Crops - Version 1.3 + Tools - Version 1.1
RPG Maker MV Plugins
Galv

Introduction
Two plugins in one because they were designed to work with each other but not required. Eventing and database knowledge required.

Screenshots

Features
This Simple crops plugin was designed to make a farming mechanic similar to Harvest Moon but more basic. It is 'simple' because the mechanics are simple, not because it's simple to set up - it requires eventing and database knowledge as it uses them mixed with script calls to control all aspects of planting and harvesting.
You will need to set up your own crop event charactersheets (see the demo for a template you could use) as it requires them to be laid out in a certain way.

The Tools plugin was designed to work with the Simple Crops, allowing you to use those tools to manipulate the crops. It doesn't just work with the crop plugin, however. It creates a small hud on the screen to indicate what tool the player has equipped and the player can cycle through tools and press a button to use the currently selected one.
Tools can be set up to do anything that your eventing and database knowledge can think of also with the help of script calls.

A video with some examples of these two plugins (taken from the demo):

How to Use
- Copy the "Galv_SimpleCrops.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- and/or Copy the "Galv_Tools.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the desired plugins using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Read the help files and examine the demo to learn how they work
- Look in the demo /img/characters/ folder for example on how crop charactersets should be set up

Plugins
Get Simple Crops here
Get Tools here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates

Simple Crops
2017-10-12 - Version 1.3 - added water all functionality and more notes in documentation about watering.
2016-12-14 - Version 1.1 - added ability to change priority type during crop growth stages
2016-11-20 - Version 1.0 - release

Tools
2017-04-12 - Version 1.1 - added plugin options to change icon size, zoom and also ability to use images instead of icons in HUD
2016-11-20 - Version 1.0 - release

Last edited:

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a cool set of plugins. Looking forward to experimenting with them. Thank you.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this before christmas gift.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated tools plugin to v.1.1
- added more plugin settings to change icon size, initial zoom and font size.
- added item number to tool icons when the player has more than 1 of the tool (for example, seeds in the demo)
- added ability to use pictures for icons in the HUD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Liking it so far as I use it but I noticed you didn't seem to explain watering at all in the plugin which would be helpful. Took me a bit to catch on and half wondering if its going to be possible to do something where all crops get watered when it starts raining.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, you're right - I did forget to add script call and notes for watering in the documentation.
I've done that now and updated to v.1.3, also adding in a script call to water all crops on the map at the same time which could be used for rain.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely a big plus. Otherwise mostly liking it. Just trying to figure out now how to get it to work where plowing is necessary, and have rocks, trees, and grass randomly spawn or trigger during certain circumstances but overall seems pretty solid. Trying to get it to work with Moghunter's Chrono engine to make something Rune Factoryish :)

IssaMeMino

Living in a Peculiar World
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to your lovely plugins (all of them are fantastic) I now have a great greenhouse for my game. Do you have any tips on how I can increase the growth time for the plants? I want it to take about five minutes for plants to grow, so the player can leave and come back. I was looking through the plugin code and couldn't quite figure out what to do.

Thanks, Galv!

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Please read the plugin help text. Growtime is set in the item note tag:

* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* NOTE TAGS for ITEMS
* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* <seed:imgId,charId,pId,growTime,itemId>
* EXPLANATION:
* seed = the keyword required. Don't change this.
* imgId = the number that will select which crop charset to use.
* charId = the id of the character in the charset (1-8)
* pId = the plant id to select which plant in the character to use (1-2)
* growTime = the amount of seconds passed until plant is able to be harvested
* itemId = the item obtained when plant is harvested. Make this 0 if the
* plant cannot be harvested at all.

IssaMeMino

Living in a Peculiar World
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How dumb of me. Thank you!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been working with this a bit and have noticed some performance issues when there's a bunch of the crop events. Seems separate from normal plug-in lag as have tried with both plug-in on and off and there's a noticeable performance drop between the two when there's around a couple hundred of them.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you refreshing all crops constantly via script call? Did you set every crop's event frequency at max?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Checked all that didn't seem to be that at first but decided to look closer, sorry. It looks like there is a script in a plug-in that seemed unrelated that's having an impact. I'll have to track it down there. Again, sorry about that.

Ithiel_Dragon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm very new to RPG Maker MV and programming in general. I was able to get this plugin to work, but I'm trying to make it so that the amount harvested differs depending on a variable. So for instance, if a variable is set higher, you could harvest two carrots instead of one. Can this be done with your plugin?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, sorry, this plugin only does one harvest item at a time.

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[SOLVED]Hey Galv, pretty cool scripts! I'm using your tools script to recreate Wild Arms Tools on my game. So far pretty good but i've got in a situation where i need to check what tool is equipped. Tried out something like that in a scrpit conditional branch but had no sucess:

$gameSystem._tools.selected == n

Any tips on how I would be doing this?
Thanks in advance.

Ps.: Nevermind, solved that by using the tool item's ID instead of tool's number. It was rookie question. Thanks again for the script!

Last edited:

tasyo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Galv, you created a great plugin here! I'm new in this RMMV and i want to know if possible to add condition to your plugin like Galv.CROPS.hasDisSoil() ? this will check if the soil was dig using a hoe before planting the seed.

Last edited:

Psycrow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool plugin, but I think it's flawed to have only a single variable without checks control the growth of the crops. It feels strange to have a seed transform into a plant just by watering it w/o any time having passed, as well as having seeds grow into harvestable crops even if you never water them at all.

Tsuru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Galv. I have downloaded demo game and played.
pressed q and w key, but tools not selected.
why? With this I can not use this plugin.
I am using RPG MAKER MV Ver.1.6.1.
please reply, thank you.

grem333

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,

Great plug-in! I'm using the Galv Tools Plug-in specifically. I made a fertilizer item that is consumed upon use. The way it is now, after using the fertilizer, the number of fertilizer is only updated after I go to the menu and back. Is there a script call that I can use in my event that updates the number of fertilizer remaining so the HUD shows the correct amount of fertilizer in the inventory?

Thanks very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth