RMMV GALV's Timed Message Popups - how to change window size?

Kay_Erthisia

Actually a sculptor...! What am I doing here?!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using this fantastic plugin by the illustrius GALV:

I have changed the font of the text to be smaller in-game(Using the Yanfly messagecore /FS text note)
However, the text box is now drawn far too large. Changing the padding to modify the width is easy enough. It's the height I'm stuck on.
Capture.PNG

I'm not sure how to go about changing this.
I've been trying to poke around in the plugin .js file to see if I could change the height parameter / padding but to be perfectly honest I know next to nothing about javascript. :(

If I'd hazard a guess (thank you code comments) I'd say I need to modify something here, but everything I've tried so far breaks everything..! :')

JavaScript:
Window_GalvCaption.prototype.setWindowDimensions = function() {
    var w = 10;
    this.contents.clear();
    // Calc max width and line height to get dimensions

var xO = this._faceName ? Window_Base._faceWidth + 10 : 0;

for (var i = 0; i < this._txtArray.length; i++) {
        var lineWidth = this.textWidthEx(this._txtArray[i]) + this.standardPadding() * 2;
        if (w < lineWidth) {
            w = lineWidth;
        };
        if (this.skin != 'Window') this.contents.outlineWidth = Galv.Mpup.outlineWidth;
        this.drawTextEx(this._txtArray[i], xO, this.lineHeight() * i);

}
    this.width = w + xO;

if (this._faceName) {
        this.drawFace(this._faceName, this._faceIndex, 0, 0);
    };

this._offsetY = 0;

if (this._pos == 0) {
        this._offsetY += -this.height + this._heightY;
    } else if (this._pos == 1) {
        this._offsetY += -this.height / 2 - 24;
    } else if (this._pos == 2) {
        this._offsetY += Math.abs(this._heightY * 0.2);
    };
};

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be forever grateful! Thank you!

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place, was erring between posting it here and Plugin requests...)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.
Not a bad weekend but anxiety kicking my but. Also wondering about Ms Littlefish. Some people move on. Anyways how is everyone doing?
I did a video review on Psychronic Games' Star Shift Origins, as they did a review on my game.
Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire456