Spitfire094

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do I turn it off? I want to use it but for a section of my game.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Currently you change opacity to 0 to turn it off.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finally got to a quick update (version 1.2) on this one, fixing it so that visibility range sprite doesn't exist when not in use.

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope this doesn't count for necro-ing...but I'm having a LOT of problems with this? I took the coding directly from the demo and changed my control variables to ones I set and it still isn't working? when I copy-pasta'd the fairy girl into my game (to test) it works, so it's definitely not like plugin issues? but when I take her away and use my own light item, it doesn't work? any help would be lovely ;;

huda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
Thank you for this :yhappy: but I have a problem, I did exactly the same but it didn't work :kaocry:
YourProject/img/system/ folder, here what do you mean by folder ? cause I added the picture on the system. could this be the problem ?
Thanks in advance.

KnightDruid

Working on #RelmiaWarrior
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Visibility Range - Version 1.2
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Just a way to limit the player's visibility. Similar to my Ace version.

Screenshot
visibility-range_zpsl17ckjil.jpg

Features
Creates a graphic above the player to be used to hide everything around them except for the transparency in the image. This could be used to create a visibility range around the player while the rest of the screen is hidden.
The overlay can be zoomed in and out to shrink/grow the range and also have varied transparency.
The visibility range image can be changed during game.

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_VisibilityRange.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'
- Copy the visibility range image (or create your own image) into YourProject/img/system/ folder
- Read the help file to see how it works. Examine the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MV project including commercial. Please credit "Galv". :)

Updates

2016-12-19 - Version 1.2 - Fixed so that you create the visrange only when required and it's not on all maps.

2016-08-10 - Version 1.1 - Fixed bugs and made compatible with mv version 1.3
2015-12-19 - Version 1.0 - Release
Please, make for MZ! Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackYonder