First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Visual Novel Choices
RPG Maker MZ Plugin
Galv

Introduction
Fancier choices menu like a visual novel.

visual-novel-choices.jpg

Features
This plugin allows you to display the ‘Show Choices’ selection in a more visual novel style layout and using a graphic for the buttons and hover state.
A tag can be included in each choice text to display a different graphic from the VNButtons.png graphic in /img/system/ folder (Make sure to get this graphic from the demo).

How to Use
- Copy the "GALV_VisualNovelChoicesMZ.js" file into your project's /js/plugins/ folder.
- Copy the "/img/system/VNButtons.png" file from the demo into your project to use as a template.
- Activate plugin using the 'Plugin Manager'.
- Read the 'HELP' documentation (also found in plugin manager) for more details and try the demo if you don't understand.

Plugin
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Galv

Terms
Free to use in any RPG Maker MZ project including commercial. Please credit "Galv".
:)

artemisa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why aren't the icons centered on the button?

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indo/Not Fluent
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, Galv!
Using your Message Background plugin and loving it!
So I thought of using the VN Choices plugin as well, but... no matter what I do, the graphics aren't showing up? It might be the custom size of my project ( 480 x 800 ), so I tried changing the size of the graphics as well, and yep, still not showing up x'D

Other plugins I use are VisuStella's Core Engine, Message Core, Save Core, and Message Letter Sounds.

Would appreciate help figuring this out!
Thank you in advance : D

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Those two plugins work in my demo project together. You will have to test your own project to try and determine if it is a plugin conflict.

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indo/Not Fluent
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Those two plugins work in my demo project together. You will have to test your own project to try and determine if it is a plugin conflict.
Done. Still doesn't show.
And so I tried specifying the button, but this caused an error;
image_2021-08-01_103859.png

If it's really a size issue, I can't change the size of my project nor the fonts, so am stumped x'D
Not gonna pretend I know how to read this either, lol.

EDIT;;
Okay, I tried playing around with the plugin placements and now the graphics show up!
All strange-looking though, lol.
SS2.png

Last edited:

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin is fine!!!
But I do have a suggestion to add a small animation like "fade in fade out" so visually it'll help any projects to look more professional.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankdontrithep61